Slovenia corporate bank account
In Slovenia, Healy Consultants has successfully assisted global entrepreneurs open bank accounts for their companies. Our services will include preparing the bank account application and DD documents; and submiting them on the Client’s behalf, hassle free. We will also be happy to attend bank interviews and conference calls, if required. For more information, please refer to our complete corporate guide for banking in Slovenia.
Slovenia banking sector
- Local Slovenian banks are the top 3 financial institutions by assets. Great options include: i) Nova Ljubljanska banka; ii) Nova Kreditna banka Maribor and iii) SID banka. These large corporate and retails banks provide quality facilities to Clients, including online banking in English;
- Healy Consultants recommends EU investors to choose local banks as these banks have less stringent due diligence policies and boast wide range of optimized services;
- Alternatively, our Clients may also choose international banks, most of which are subsidiaries of either Central European or Italian banking groups including i) SKB bank; ii) Raiffeisen bank and iii) Unicredit Group;
- Healy Consultants recommends our non-EU Clients to open their Slovenian corporate bank account with a bank with which they already have a bank account in another home country. As a result, this strategy will reduce i) the time required for the bank’s security check and ii) eventually, the final timeline of the process.
Healy Consultants Slovenia corporate banking services
- Healy Consultants utilizes our pre-existing EU banking relations to expedite our Clients’ engagement. Please read below for further details:
- Healy Consultants will try to work with bank which requires no travel for our Clients. It can be a time consuming task finding the optimal choice for our Clients; Healy Consultants will shelter our Clients from all administrative challenges. As you can appreciate, it is can be difficult task to obtain bank account approval for a newly setup entity, especially considering the shareholders, directors and bank signatories are overseas resident. However, our experts will negotiate meticulously with the bank to secure a travel exemption for our Client. If our Client is still required to travel to Slovenia for corporate bank account opening, Healy Consultants will refund our Client €1,050;
- All said and done, it is important to note the banks enjoy ultimate power of approval for banking applications. Consequently, guaranteed success is outside our control. However, what Healy Consultants can control is the preparation and submission of a high quality bank application which optimizes the probability of account approval. To date, we enjoy a 100% approval record because of our global banking relationships and determination;
- Most of our Clients request Healy Consultants to guide them how to obtain additional financial support for their start-up ideas in Slovenia. Please read below for further information:
- With the recent financial crisis, banks in Slovenia are interested to increase their portfolio of non-resident Clients and provide extended credit facilities. Healy Consultants will help new start-ups secure corporate finance in the form of i) a convenient credit loan; ii) short-term revolving credit lines; iii) overdraft business credit card or iv) preferential terms for new businesses. Please contact our Slovenia relationship team for inquiries regarding these services and related fees;
- In order to secure the instruments described above, most major Slovenian banks will require clear corporate due diligence, including: i) quality business plan with SWOT analysis; ii) sufficient collateral; iii) qualification and education of the management and iv) audited financial statements of up to 3 years;
- With the convenient location of the country, many entrepreneurs wish to obtain EU trade finance facilities. Healy Consultants will be happy to negotiate terms with the local Slovenian bank, over services including i) long-term bank guarantees; ii) letter of credit; iii) finance against trust receipt (for imported goods) and iv) document against payment and against acceptance.
Opening a corporate bank account in Slovenia
- In order to open a corporate bank account on our Client’s behalf, Healy Consultants will proceed as below:
- Prior to expanding our Client’s business in Slovenia, Healy Consultants will assist our Client to choose the optimal financial institution amongst the local and international banks available;
- Healy Consultants assists our Client in opening a temporary corporate bank account with Bank of Slovenia or other institution prior to Slovenia company setup. Our Client deposits the minimum paid up share capital of €7,500 and supplies Healy Consultants with a certificate of deposit;
- After the company is incorporated, Healy Consultants will submit a complete corporate bank account opening application to the preferred bank including i) all bank questionnaire forms signed off and ii) all due diligence documents completed;
- Once the permanent corporate bank account is approved, Healy Consultants emails our Client the bank account details and internet banking device.
Exchange controls and other regulation
- On the 1st of March 2008, Slovenia introduced new Foreign exchange control Act;
- Slovenia does not impose foreign exchange controls or specific restrictions on payments to foreign individuals and companies;
- Both residents and non-residents in Slovenia are allowed to open bank accounts in foreign currencies, including €, US$ and any other currency available;
- Bank of Slovenia, which is the country’s central bank, does not restrict the amounts of foreign currency that residents may hold in their bank accounts.