Cai Xin | Legal and Compliance Department Manager
I joined Healy Consultants in 2015 after I graduated from Singapore Management University. I am thrilled to be part of Healy Consultants team and help our Clients expand their business globally. I devote my passion and knowledge to ensure Healy Consultants is compliant with international law and internal policies and procedures.
My business goals
- To mitigate legal, financial and reputation risk of Healy Consultants during global engagements;
- To expand my knowledge of international law and regulation;
- To build a successful career with Healy Consultants.
My daily work schedule
- Develop dynamic risk assessment calculator for company clients and improve company internal AML/CFT practice;
- Review and evaluate compliance issues to ensure companies maintain high standard of compliance with law and regulation;
- Review and approve all Clients Files and ensure companies complete and accurate detailed due diligence;
- Provide risk assessment information to Singapore Authorities (e.g. file suspicious transaction report to Singapore police).
The most interesting work I ever did
As company compliance officer, I prepared the documentation, client file and assisted Healy Consultants to complete the compliance review conducted by ACRA.
The most rewarding work I ever did
The risk assessment calculator and procedures prepared by the compliance department was rewarded as No. 2 among all Singapore registered agents during the Compliance review conducted by ACRA.
Reading and traveling.
- Detailed oriented and perfectionist.
Languages I speak
Chinese, English, Taiwanese and Japanese.
A sample of my global business experience
I assist our CROs during engagements to ensure we are compliant with international AML/CFT regulation and law.
Multi-currency corporate bank accounts
Last year, I assisted one of our Chinese Clients to open a USA bank account for their newly -incorporated company.
The most unusual engagement I did
The most unusual engagement I completed since 2015 was one where we helped our client to do a business registration in Singapore. After a thorough review of the business contracts, I identified the real ultimate beneficial owner and found out he was blacklisted by MAS. I immediately informed my managers and asked CRO to terminate business relationship with this client. Thereafter, I filed suspicious transaction report with Singapore police to mitigate the AML/CFT risk of Healy Consultants.
- Business set up in California, Singapore and Hong Kong;
- Multi-currency corporate bank account opening in USA;
- Singapore Government reporting re the suspicious transaction and multi – breach of company law.