Sharma Prabakaran | Accounting and Tax Manager
I joined Healy Consultants PLC in 2018 as Accounting and Tax Manager.
My business goals
- Timely completing all our Clients annual legal, accounting and tax obligations;
- Developing an efficient tax strategy for our clients and ensure they are effectively navigating through the complex tax landscape.
My daily work schedule
- Reviewing and ensuring all deliverables to clients are high quality;
- Assisting clients with their accounting and international tax planning related matters, especially for more complex countries such as Ireland, Spain, USA, Australia and South Africa;
- Preparing the Financial Statements and filing Annual Returns for our 400 clients.
The most interesting work I ever did
Involved in one of the clients initial public offering process (IPO) on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
The most rewarding work I ever did
Assisted an MNC client with 30 subsidiaries to resolve accounting and legal implications arising from restructuring. Ensured that the restructuring was implemented in the most efficient way with minimal disruption.
The F1 Race and the ROK Cup, scuba diving.
Language I speak
English, Mandarin and Malay.
A sample of my global business experience
Managed clients’ annual legal, accounting and tax obligations in multiple countries, such as Singapore, Malaysia, Ireland, Australia, South Africa and several other countries.
The most unusual engagement I did
Performed audit of a charity organization, a halfway house which rehabilitates and reintegrates substance abusers into society.