Vimala Chandrarajan | Legal and Compliance Department Manager
I joined Healy Consultants Group PLC in August 2018 as part of the Legal and Compliance Department. I come with 20 years of experience in the legal industry including over 8 years conducting AML/CFT audits and preparing country reports on the legal sector for the FATF and OECD. I now contribute to the company by constantly ensuring compliance with local and international regulatory laws.
My business goals
- Ensure Healy Consultants Group PLC is constantly aware and compliant with updated legal and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure that all Healy Consultants Group PLC staff have easy access to readily-available legal and compliance related information and assistance;
- Ensure there are updated and effective policies in place to minimise Healy Consultants Group PLC’s exposure to reputation, litigation and financial risk.
My daily work schedule
- Reviewing agreements and KYC documentation;
- Liaising with external counsel and government authorities;
- Attending to legal and compliance related queries, including filing of suspicious transaction reports.
The most interesting work I ever did
Drafting proposed amendments to the Legal Profession Act and its related Anti-Money Laundering regulations in Singapore.
The most rewarding work I ever did
My team and I secured SG$ 3.5 million yearly funding from the Singapore Ministry of Law enabling the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme to increase pro bono legal assistance to 6 times the number of accused persons.
Spending quality time with my family, travelling, reading.
Languages I speak
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Tamil, some Urdu and Hindi, and able to read Arabic.
A sample of my global business experience
- Worked in a team that represented a Fortune 200 company in an arbitration over a US$ 1 billion contract against an Indonesian conglomerate and secured a favourable outcome enabling almost 1,000 American employees to retain their jobs;
- Provided consultancy and conceptual input to secure a multi-million-dollar e-justice contract in Abu Dhabi;
- Multiple international engagements involving construction, maritime, IT and international contracts.
Multi-currency corporate bank accounts
I work with the Client Engagements Department to advise them on legal and AML/CFT queries in relation to opening local and international bank accounts including crypto-currency and SVF related engagements.