11 steps to incorporating in Belize
Incorporating a company in Belize is simple and requires approximately one week. The procedures to be completed with the Belize Registrar of International Business Companies (IBCs) are straightforward as described in the following overview of the typical engagement steps:
- Consultation: Before proceeding with Belize business incorporation, we require our Client to i) sign our engagement letter; ii) settle the fees applicable to the engagement and iii) provide us with the documents required for our due diligence checks. A list of the documents we request can be found on our due diligence webpage;
- Engagement planning: Next, we confirm with our Client the 3 options for the company name and the corporate structure of the Belizean company soon to be incorporated. Thereafter, our Firm emails our Client a detailed project plan for the engagement, summarizing all tasks to be accomplished along with the estimated dates for provision of deliverables by our Firm;
- Document preparation: Our team verifies the validity and availability of the preferred company names via the Belize International Business Companies registry and prepares incorporation documents for signature and drafts the Memorandum and Articles of Association if our Client does not desire to use the standard provisions. These documents must be returned to our office along with other due diligence documents required for the registration of the company with the Belize Registrar of IBCs;
- Document submission: Upon receipt of these documents, Healy Consultants Group PLC registers the company statutes and its Memorandum and Articles of Association to the IBC Registry;
- Incorporation approval: Our Incorporation Team liaises with the Belize Registrar of IBCs to complete Belize IBC incorporation. Upon approval, we obtain the originals of Certificate of Incorporation and Certificate of Incumbency.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC’s Compliance Team prepares all post-incorporation documents, which include the minutes of the first meeting of directors, the company’s bylaws, and all share certificates. Upon request, we can obtain certified true copies of the register of members and directors for additional fees;
- Following Belize company formation, our team provides our Client with a complete company kit including i) original certificate of incorporation; ii) a bound copy of Belize government approved articles of association; iii) original share certificates and iv) an original Belize government receipt as evidence of payment of annual Belize company registration and license fees;
- Upon our Client’s request, our Incorporation Team can also obtain the company seal for our Client’s company from the relevant Belizean authority;
- Our team assists our Client with opening an international corporate bank account for their Belize company, without our Client requiring to travel. The account can be denominated in multiple currencies and will include world class internet banking facilities. Healy Consultants Group PLC works globally with internationally recognized banks such as i) HSBC; ii) Standard Chartered and iii) Citibank to provide corporate bank account services to Belizean companies;
- The bank couriers our Client a corporate bank account kit including a token, which is used to activate internet banking facilities (with helps from our Firm if necessary);
- After successful incorporation of the Belize IBC, Healy Consultants Group PLC will courier, to our Client’s preferred international address, the complete company kit including i) original corporate documents ii) an unopened bank correspondence and iii) Client engagement feedback survey for him to assess the quality of our Belize business incorporation services.
Standard documents required to complete your Belize IBC incorporation
- Certified true copy of passports by a Notary Public, Accountant or Lawyer of all individual shareholders, directors and beneficial owners of the Belize company;
- Certified true copy of proof of residence of the individual shareholders, directors and beneficial owners of the Belize company;
- A letter of introduction from banker or lawyer or accountant for all individual shareholders, directors and beneficial owners of the Belize company;
- For corporate shareholders or directors, certified true copies of corporate documents including M&AA, latest annual return and audited financial statements and certificate of incumbency (if applicable).