BVI support services in 2021
Healy Consultants will be happy to assist our Clients apply for work permits in the BVI. Our services include the preparation and filing of a quality work permit application. Below are the steps required to apply for a work permit in BVI:
- To apply for a BVI work permit the applicants need to complete a comprehensive application form which can be accessed (here).
- The forms are submitted to the BVI Labour Department.
- Government fees are charged depending on the Employee’s salary.
- Securing a BVI work permit requires the following supporting documentation:
- One passport sized photograph (copy of photo & signature page).
- Two passport sized photos.
- Cover letter signed by the employer, formally requesting a work permit for the employee.
- Detailed job description of the employee.
- Valid trade licence.
- Full page of two Newspaper Advertisements (run consecutively for two weeks with visible dates)
- Letter stating whether there were BVIslanders/Belonger applicants and if so, the reason why they were not employed.
- Copies of the applicant’s Diploma(s), Resume, Degree(s) and/or Qualification(s)
- Letter from Immigration confirming status in territory (applies to applicant in the territory).
- The application must be submitted in person and has a turn around time of at least 30 days after submission of all documents.