Success tips when doing business in BVI
- The business pace is relatively slow in BVI. Foreign investors are advised to be very patient when doing business here. If you want to contact a business partner or make enquiries, it is recommendable that you make arrangements well in advance since the person in charge may not be available immediately.
Interesting facts about BVI
- The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is an overseas territory of the UK with internal self-government;
- The economy of BVI is one of the most prosperous in the Caribbean, highly dependent on tourism which generates an estimated 40% of the national income;
- The islands belong to a group known as the Leeward Islands which are part of the Lesser Antilles island chain;
- Tortola is the largest of the islands in the British Virgin Islands;
- The highest point in the BVI is Mount Sage (521 m) on the island of Tortola;
- Most of the Virgin Islands are of volcanic origin;
- African slaves were brought to the islands to work on the sugarcane plantations.
Government and public authority websites