11 steps to incorporating in Cambodia in 2023
- Before Healy Consultants starts incorporation procedures in Cambodia, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees for Cambodia ii) signs and returns our Client engagement letter and iii) provide us all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed Cambodia business incorporation engagement, mapping out by week each step till completion of the engagement, optimizing transparency, and setting Client expectations;
- Healy Consultants assists our Client to open a capital account in Cambodia (later to be converted into a trading corporate bank account) and assists our Client to deposit the required initial capital in the bank account and obtain evidence of the same;
- After our Client confirms the name and corporate structure of the company, Healy Consultants proceeds to obtain i) a reservation of the company name from the Cambodia Business Registration Office ii) an approval to publish the company organization documents in a Gazette.
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants will i) prepare incorporation forms for Client signature and courier return ii) legally incorporates the entity with the Cambodia Business Registration Department in Ministry of Commerce and iii) immediately emails to our Client the certificate of incorporation of the Cambodia company;
- After the company is incorporated in Cambodia, Healy Consultants assists our Clients i) obtain a company seal ii) have the company’s registration documents stamped and approved by Phnom Penh Tax Department iii) register the company for VAT at the General Tax Department. Unfortunately, one director must visit the Cambodia Tax Office to complete tax registration. Some of our Clients consequently request our Firm to supply a temporary nominee director;
- Our bank account opening team assists our Client with converting the capital account into a trading corporate bank account. Where possible, Healy Consultants will liaise with the bank to prevent our Client having to travel for an account opening interview;
- To support a Cambodia company, we provide our Client a business address for invoicing purposes. Additionally, many Clients request telephone, fax, and email support for their company following entity establishment;
- If required, Healy Consultants assists our Client with recruiting local and expatriate staff by placing advertising campaigns in local publications;
- For Clients that wish to export, Healy Consultants will help with the additional procedures for export businesses, including filling in shipping documents and applying for export permits (only applicable for certain industries);
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit, including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Frequently asked questions
What are the minimum capital requirements when incorporating a company in Cambodia?To successfully register both private and public limited liability companies, the minimum capital requirement is US$1,000.
What Cambodia company support services can Healy Consultants offer my firm?
As Cambodia incorporation service providers, Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with i) company registration ii) business license registration iii) immigration solutions iv) employment strategies v) business banking solutions and vi) office rental requirements.
Our experts are Cambodia incorporation specialists and will send our Clients weekly updates till engagement completion.
What will be the Cambodia incorporation timeline?Cambodia company incorporation process will take 16 weeks for completion.