NKOK Special Economic Zone in Gabon in 2021
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC has assisted international investors with starting their company in Gabon. Most of our Clients are interested to register their business in the Nkok Special Economic Zone.
Our services include i) free zone company registration ii) corporate bank account opening services with a top-tier African bank, iii) employee recruitment iv) visa strategies and v) manufacturing and warehouse space rental solutions.
Press the link heading below to read detailed, relevant and up to date information.
Investment incentives in Nkok special economic zone
The zone enjoys efficient company formation process and multiple business incentives.
- Industrial investors enjoy full 100% foreign ownership and tax exemption on i) dividend withholding tax and ii) property and land taxes;
- New companies further enjoy zero corporate taxation for the first 10 years of operation, following by low 10% corporate tax for the next 5 years;
- There are no custom duties for import of machinery and industrial parts;
- Utilities are cheap in Nkok SEZ. For example, electricity is subsidized by the Government to offer discounted rates within the zone, equivalent to US$0.1 per Kw/H;
- A Nkok SEZ enjoys free fund and capital repatriation and full exemption from capital gains tax.
Nkok SEZ key figures
- This important SEZ in West Africa operates on 500 hectares of land and offers up to 26 hectares per foreign investor;
- Nkok is home to 3 major segments, such as i) manufacturing and industry, ii) commercial development and import/exports and iii) residential hub;
- Supplying up to 44 million consumers across the CEMAC region from 21 industries, Nkok SEZ creates up to 10,000 jobs;
- Nkok SEZ is approximately 27km from the capital City Libreville and at about 29km from the country’s International Airport;
- Presently, there are more than 80 foreign investors from 18 countries, including: i) China ii) USA iii) Cameroon iv) Malaysia and v) Pakistan;
- The SEZ enjoys direct access to Owendo Sea port.
New mineral sea port in Nkok SEZ key figures
Due to growing infrastructural development in Gabon and the CEMAC region, the SEZ is developing a new sea port focused on heavy industry and mineral imports:
- The development of the new port already costs US$255m with 195m already invested in 18 hectares;
- Total expected operational space will amount to 45 hectares allowing annual capacity of 10 million tons in the mineral port and another 3 million in the general cargo area;
- The port offers 8 large grain silos and a storage tank for palm oil up to 8000 tons.
Gabon SEZ name Cost Draft invoice NKOK SEZ US$23,125 View invoice PDF