Ghana corporate banking options in 2023
- Global multinationals like Barclays Bank, Citigroup, Societe Generale and Standard Chartered bank are competing intensely with Ghana’s local banks. This has opened the door for the introduction of a wide variety of business and consumer banking products and services;
- In order to open a non-resident corporate bank account in Ghana, a foreign company is required to register as an external company by the Ghana Registrar General Department. Thereafter, the local manager/agent can complete and submit the bank account forms on behalf of the foreign company. Healy Consultants through our affiliate office in Ghana provide our Clients with a nominee agent where necessary to assist with the same;
- To support Ghana business formation, banks in Ghana provide full range of company bank account facilities including multiple currencies, internet banking, telephone banking, checking accounts, savings account, debit and credit cards, brokerage services and wealth management services;
- Ghanaian banking system boasts 30 commercial banks in the country compromising a mix of local banks, foreign banks including Barclays and Standard Chartered Bank, branches and representatives of foreign banks and others; local banks in Ghana include Access Bank Limited, Eco Bank Ghana, Fidelity Bank, Zenith Bank and First Atlantic Bank;
- Healy Consultants’ Compliance Team can open an international business bank account within 3 weeks of incorporating the new company. There is a chance that the Client will have to travel in order to open the account, though Healy Consultants makes every effort to minimize this probability. Following company bank account approval, the preferred bank will directly and independently email our Client the business bank account number;
- Healy Consultants also assists Clients with securing trade finance instruments including i) bank guarantees ii) letters of credit iii) finance against trust receipt iv) document against payment and against acceptance;
- Healy Consultants assists in securing corporate finance in the form of a loan, overdraft, or simply preferential credit terms following Ghana company formation;
- There is no limitation on the inflow or outflow of funds for remittances of profits, debt service, capital, capital gains, and returns on intellectual property or imported inputs.
- Healy Consultants can open a local business bank account for a foreign company. Many of our Clients use a local business bank account to receive payments and pay suppliers. Our fee for this service will be US$4,950.
View all African banking options for a foreign company (without travel).