DOING BUSINESS IN MAURITANIA IN 2018
For over a decade, Healy Consultants Group PLC has assisted our Clients with business registration in Mauritania. Our services include i) Mauritania company incorporation ii) government license registration iii) business bank account opening iv) employee recruitment v) visa strategies and vi) office rental solutions.
Press the link headings below to read detailed, relevant, up to date information.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Mauritania company registration
- A limited liability company in Mauritania can be incorporated with a minimum of one shareholder and one director of any nationality. The minimum paid-up capital required for incorporation is US$3,500 and our Client will not have to travel to Mauritania to complete the process;
- Foreign investors can setup business entities in all sectors of the economy. Recently discovered oil and gas in Mauritania provide immense business opportunities for investors who wish to venture into oil and gas industry;
- Business operation costs are low in Mauritania for instance the average monthly salary of the staff in Mauritania is US$105.5 according to the World Bank.
Disadvantages of Mauritania company registration
- Arabic is the official language of Mauritania although French is also widely spoken. All business documents must be translated into Arabic or French prior to incorporation of a company. Entrepreneurs who do not speak either of these languages will encounter a lot of difficulty when doing business in Mauritania;
- Corporate tax in Mauritania is quite high and local businesses are subject to a standard rate of 25%. Branches of foreign companies have to pay an additional 10% withholding tax on foreign transactions;
- Our Clients will encounter a lot of red tape when running their business and dealing with government officials as Mauritania is indeed riddled with corruption bureaucracy and lack of transparency. Obtaining necessary licenses to do business is time-consuming. Healy Consultants will be happy to help you handle your administrative requirements;
- Lack of proper infrastructure makes doing business in Mauritania difficult especially since transportation of goods and services is limited, in a country that is mostly desert. Access to electricity and telecommunication network needs to be improved to enhance productivity and foreign investment;
- Mauritania is politically very unstable.
Best uses for a Mauritania company
- Francophone African headquarters: Mauritania is an ideal location in which to set up a headquarters for business in the former French colonial area of northwestern Africa, sharing borders with Morocco, Algeria, Mali and Senegal. Ports and harbors in the capital city of Nouakchott also provide investors favorable with access to international markets;
- Primary industries (esp. mining): Mauritania is rich in natural resources such as iron ore, gypsum, copper, phosphates, diamonds, gold and fish. These provide opportunities for foreign investors in the mining and fishing industries.
Tell us what you need - we’ll send you a customised proposal in 5 hours!
To help us engineer the optimum Mauritania corporate structure, please complete the 3-minute questionnaire below; then press the submit button below.
This data remains confidential and is not sold to third-parties.
Within 5 hours, one of our senior staff will ring or email you:
- Time to incorporate: Two weeks
- Cost to set up: US$15,400
- Minimum capital: US$3,500
- Physical office required: Yes
- Shareholders: 1
- Directors: 1
- Company secretary: No
- Resident director: No
- Corporate tax rate: 25%
- Corporate tax base: Territorial
- Shelf companies: No
- Main company type: SARL