11 steps to incorporating in Togo in 2021
Healy Consultants Group will be pleased to assist our Clients to incorporate their company in Togo and open a corporate bank account for their business. The average timelines to complete each step of the engagement can be found on this page. The standard procedure for the formation of a business in Togo is:
- Consultation: Before we proceed with Togo business incorporation, our Clients i) settles our engagement fees ii) signs and email-returns our engagement letter and iii) provides all documents requested for our due diligence checks;
- Corporate structure: Our Client and Healy Consultants Group reaches an agreement on the optimal corporate structure for the company, including shareholders and directors;
- Project plan: Healy Consultants Group drafts a detailed project plan mapping out, week by week, each step to engagement completion, optimising transparency and setting our Client’s expectations;
- Power of Attorney: Healy Consultants Group prepares a draft Power of Attorney in French and sends to our Client for review, signatures, and courier to our affiliate office in Lomé;
- Name reservation: Healy Consultants Group reserves the desired company name with the Centre for Business Formalities (CFE) to verify the uniqueness of the proposed name.
- Notarisation: Healy Consultants Group’s Togo Incorporation Team legalises all proposed company statutes with a Togolese notary public, and procures official stamps;
- Paid-up capital: Healy Consultants’ Togo Incorporation Team assists our Client to i) either open a capital account with a local bank and deposits the minimum share capital or ii) deposit the same with a Notary Public and obtain proof of deposit;
- Incorporation: Healy Consultants i) pays the Government fees at the Togolese Bank for Trade and Industry ii) registers with the CFE and iii) obtains the company incorporation certificate.
- Chamber of Commerce registration: If required, Healy Consultants Group registers the new company with the Togo Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCIT). This is, however, not compulsory but is recommended in order to qualify for certain business permits;
- Business support: If required, Healy Consultants Togo Incorporation Team i) assists our Client to secure permanent business premises in Togo and ii) assists with the recruitment of local employees;
- Engagement completion: Following successful incorporation of the Togo company, Healy Consultants Group will courier, to our Client’s preferred international address, the complete company kit including i) original corporate documents ii) any unopened bank correspondence and iii) Client engagement feedback survey to assess the quality of our Togo company formation services.