13 steps to incorporating in Bahrain
- Prior to Bahrain company set up, our Client must sign our Bahrain project engagement letter and settle our fees. Thereafter, Healy Consultants will prepare a list of due diligence documents, which we will require from our Client;
- After receiving the due diligence documents, Healy Consultants provides our Client with a detailed engagement plan, outlining a roadmap for the upcoming engagement, minimising unwanted surprises and meeting Client’s expectations;
- Healy Consultants will assist our Client in determining the optimum corporate structure. As soon as our Client confirms the corporate structure including shareholders and directors, Healy Consultants will proceed with company incorporation;
- During company registration and corporate bank account opening, the Bahrain Government frequently requests documents to be attested by the Bahrain Embassy in the country of origin of our Client. This is both a costly and time consuming exercise and complicates the Bahrain company incorporation process. Examples of documents include i) passports copies ii) parent certificate of incorporation and the M&AA and iii) power of attorney. To overcome this problem, our Clients’ appoint Mr. Aidan Healy as the temporary nominee shareholder, director and bank signatory, Consequently, Healy Consultants completes company registration and corporate bank account opening without i) an immediate need for our Client to legalized documents and ii) without employee travel;
- Next, Healy Consultants Incorporation Team performs a company name search with the Commercial Registration Directorate at the Ministry of Commerce and Industry;
- Our experts will email the following corporate documents to our Client for their signature and return to us i) letter of appointment of first director ii) consent to act as shareholder iii) memorandum and articles of association;
- Healy Consultants will file the following documents with the Commercial Registration Directorate:
- Proposed company name, share and division of capital, and share type;
- The memorandum of association;
- The articles of association and;
- The address of the Bahrain registered office;
- Names, addresses, and nationalities of directors and shareholders.
- Healy Consultants Incorporation Team will receive an email of the certificate of incorporation from the Commercial Registration Directorate. Our team will immediately email the same to you;
- The documents will also be submitted to the Ministry of Justice along with a letter of municipality to register the office address;
- Healy Consultants assists our Client open a corporate bank account with a Bahrain bank. Our Client deposits the paid up share capital of US$2,660 and supplies Healy Consultants with a certificate of deposit and bank statement;
- Following the Bahrain company set up, Healy Consultants arranges to publish the company details in the Official Gazette and one local newspaper, in accordance with Article 268 of the Commercial Companies Law;
- Healy Consultants applies for all the necessary work visas from the Labour Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA). LMRA then provides a login ID and password to register individuals for employment with the company;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original Bahrain corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Frequently asked questions
Does the Bahrain business incorporation process require my firm to appoint a company secretary?Yes. In order to incorporate a Bahrain company, it is mandatory to appoint a resident secretary for the new company.
How much capital will I be required to deposit for company incorporation in Bahrain?Incorporating an LLC or a FZ company in Bahrain will require our Client to deposit US$2,660.
If I incorporate a business in Bahrain, will I be required to publically disclose the details of all my directors and shareholders?Yes. Details of a Bahrain company will be available for public viewing.
What incorporation services does Healy Consultants provide in Bahrain?As Bahrain incorporation service providers, Healy Consultants offers i) company registration ii) business license registration iii) immigration solutions iv) employment strategies v) corporate banking solutions and vi) office rental requirements. Our Bahrain incorporation specialists will assist our Clients at every step of the engagement.
What will be the Bahrain incorporation timeline?For company incorporation in Bahrain, the average time required will be approximately 12 weeks.
Will there be any restrictions for non-resident entrepreneurs when they incorporate in Bahrain?No. Foreign entrepreneurs in Bahrain can incorporate wholly owned business entities in the industry of their choice.