Migrate to Malta
International entrepreneurs find migration to Malta straightforward thanks to Healy Consultants’ comprehensive relocation services. Our services related to migration include:
- Assistance obtaining a Maltese employment and residence visas from the Malta Ministry for Home Affairs and National Security. After Malta company formation, Healy Consultants helps entrepreneurs and their families of all nationalities obtain permits allowing them to live and work in Malta. Healy Consultants’ fee to assist our Client obtain a Maltese work permit is US$3,950/applicant;
- Examples of Maltese visas available to international entrepreneurs and business people include i) work permit – the permit is usually granted for a year to people with professional expertise that is sought after in the local Maltese economy. A foreign resident who is preparing to work as an employee in Malta is required to produce an authorization from the potential employer. A foreign resident who is interested in setting up an independent business i.e. pursue Malta company formation, is required to produce a letter of recommendation from a person with whom he will have commercial connections ii) resident’s permit – there are several residency schemes available in Malta. Kindly see some of the popular schemes below;
- Healy Consultants offers personalised orientation programmes for international entrepreneurs planning migration to Malta after forming a company in Malta. Typical programmes include introductions to banks to open personal bank accounts, visits to key points of business interest in the neighbouring countries around Malta, as well as tours of commercial and residential property , international schools, social clubs, and recreational facilities. In summary, Healy Consultants offers a one-stop service for migration to Malta;
- To support the visa application, Healy Consultants prepares a comprehensive business plan detailing our Client’s proposed business activities in Malta, a market analysis and financial projections, and a convincing outline of reasons for migration to Malta;
- If required, Healy Consultants assists Client to find suitable schools in Malta for their children. Examples of assistance provided includes providing information on international school fees, waiting lists, and curricula;
- Some international entrepreneurs request tailored cross-cultural training programmes covering Maltese business etiquette and protocols, as well as English and Maltese language courses. Some Clients request advice on communication, conflict management and negotiation, and sales and marketing techniques in Malta;
- In addition to guiding our Clients about Malta business formation, Healy Consultants guides Client through all aspects of renting or buying a property in Malta, including in Valletta and Birkirkara. We arrange property viewings according to Client specifications and budget, provide assistance with the drafting of lease agreements, and arranging for efficient connection of utilities. Furthermore, Healy Consultants provides introductions to Malta or international banks (for example in Singapore) to obtain property financing;
The Malta Global Residence Program
- The Global Residence Program is a special scheme for non-EU, non-EEA and non-Swiss citizens (third country nationals) who wish to permanently reside in Malta by investing in Maltese property. Clients who wish to apply for this program must either purchase property in Malta of not less than €275,000 or rent property in Malta for not less than €9,600 per year. These thresholds are reduced to €220,000 and €8,750/year respectively for properties in South Malta and Gozo.
Our Clients who move to Malta through this scheme enjoy a flat income tax rate of 15% imposed on foreign sourced income remitted to Malta, and foreign income not remitted to Malta will not be taxed. However, our Clients must pay a minimum annual tax of €15,000.
While there are no minimum number of days one must reside in Malta under this scheme, the beneficiary is not allowed to stay more than 183 days/year in one other country.
Malta Residence and Visa Program
- Another scheme for third country nationals who wish to migrate to Malta, is the Residence and Visa Program. Applicants to this program must contribute €30,000 to the Maltese government, make an investment of at least €250,000 in Malta for 5 years and purchase either purchase a Maltese property for at least €320,000 or rent a property for at least €12,000 per year.
Malta Retirement Program
- This program is designed for retired pensioners who are EU/EEA or Swiss citizens and wish to move to Malta. Similar to the Global Residence scheme, applicants must either purchase property in Malta for a minimum amount of €275,000 or rent property in Malta for at least €9,600 per year. The same lower thresholds apply for properties in South Malta and Gozo.
The retirees who move to Malta under this program are also taxed at a flat rate of 15% on their foreign pension remitted to Malta. The minimum annual tax payable however is only €7,500. Applicants of this scheme are required to reside on average 90 days per year in Malta.