10 steps to incorporating in Netherlands
Our Clients usually choose to open a business in the Netherlands because of its strategic geographical location, stable political situation and healthy economy. Most investors planning to start a company in the Netherlands choose to incorporate a BV company. This Dutch legal entity with limited liability is also a perfect holding vehicle, with benefits similar to those offered by entities available in other popular European jurisdictions such as Switzerland or Luxembourg. Please find below a descriptive about how a company is usually incorporated in the Netherlands.
- Prior to Netherlands business incorporation, Our Client i) settles Healy Consultants fees applicable to the project ii) signs our engagement letter and iii) provide us with due diligence documents requested for the project and our records;
- Healy Consultants provides our Client with a detailed project plan, outlining the procedures to establish the company in the Netherlands and related timelines. This document allows to minimize unwanted surprises and confirms previous discussions our team had with our Client;
- Our Dutch company incorporation agent reserves a company name on our Clients behalf, and seek prior approval from the Chamber of Commerce in the city of incorporation and the Ministry of Justice for the names of shareholders and directors;
- Healy Consultants then drafts the company’s deeds of incorporation and arranges to have them notarized by a Dutch notary public;
- After this step, Healy Consultants’ banking team will assist our Client to open a corporate bank account in the Netherlands on behalf of our Client. Healy Consultants will make arrangements with the bank to prevent our Clients from having to travel;
- Healy Consultants registers the company at the Chamber of Commerce and at the local tax authority;
- The Dutch Commercial Registrar issues a company registration number, which is forwarded to our Client;
- Healy Consultants arranges for the company’s registration details to be published in the Netherlands Official Gazette, (Staatscourant), and assists the Client with Netherlands virtual office services or recruiting employees and visa applications (if such services are required);
- Our team then prepares all post incorporation documents, including minutes of the first meeting and preparation of bylaws or signature by our Client;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client’s preferred international address, including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey to assess the quality of our Netherlands company incorporation services.