The 11 steps to Brunei onshore company incorporation
- Consultation phase: Prior to Brunei resident company incorporation, we discuss our Client’s requirements and intentions for the new company. We then plan the optimal corporate structure for the intended business;
- Client due diligence and commitment: our Client then i) settles Healy Consultants’ Brunei engagement fees ii) signs and returns our Client engagement letter and iii) provides us all the required due diligence documents;
- Planning phase: Healy Consultants drafts a detailed engagement project plan for our Client, including i) corporate bank account opening steps and ii) incorporation process. This project plan maps out by week each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Name reservation and notification: Client lists three unique company names in order of preference. Thereafter, Healy Consultants i) checks company name availability with the Brunei Registrar of Companies on your Firm’s behalf and ii) notify the Brunei Magistrate Court of Client’s intention to incorporate an onshore company in Brunei;
- Document preparation: After the corporate structure is agreed with our Client, Healy Consultants will prepare incorporation forms for Client signature and courier return.
- Application: Thereafter Healy Consultants i) register our Client’s company with the Brunei registrar of companies and ii) pay the registration fee on our Client’s behalf;
- Incorporation approval: When registration is approved, Healy Consultants emails to our Client i) the public profile of the company, ii) certificate of incorporation and iii) obtains a seal for the company;
- Additional requirements: A Brunei address is required to start a company in Brunei. If required, Healy Consultants provides our Client a Brunei business address for invoicing purposes. Additionally, Clients may request telephone, fax, and email support for their company following entity establishment.
- Additional licenses: If required, Healy Consultants then i) applies with the Municipal Board for a miscellaneous license and ii) obtains approval for such license from the Ministry of Health and the nearest fire service department;
- Bank account opening: Following receipt of the certificates, Healy Consultants assists our Client with opening of corporate bank account. Most of our Clients choose either a Singapore or a Malaysia corporate bank account, for i) tax and transfer efficiency reasons ii) because both jurisdictions are major financial centers and iii) banks in both countries offer multi-currency accounts and world-class Internet banking facilities;
- Engagement completion: Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original Brunei corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence, and a Client feedback survey regarding the quality of our Brunei incorporation services.