Interesting facts about Jersey in 2021
- Jersey is not part of the United Kingdom but a self-governing Crown Dependency which gives the Island constitutional rights of self-government and judicial independence with political and economic stability;
- Although the island is not a part of the UK, the UK is responsible for its defense and international representation;
- Jersey does not have a Prime Minister, but a Lieutenant Governor who is considered as the representative of the Crown on the island;
- The main sector of Jersey’s economy is financial services, accounting for around 50% of its GDP. It is followed by agriculture and tourism and hospitality;
- Jersey has been on the top 50 of the Global Financial Centres Index in the past years;
- As Jersey was the location for many of the schemes reveled at the Panama Papers its reputation has declined in recent years.
Frequently asked questions
How many directors are required for starting a business in Jersey?Only 1 director is required when registering a company in Jersey.
How many shareholders are required for registering a company in Jersey?Only 1 shareholder is required for business registration in Jersey.
Is it mandatory to have a resident director or shareholder for Company Registration in Jersey?No. Resident director will not be required for registering a company in Jersey.