South Africa Public Officer services in 2023
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists multi-national Clients’ with South African business set up including i) company registration and ii) multi-currency corporate bank account opening and iii) accounting and tax support and iv) legal and compliance considerations.
It is a legal requirement in South Africa for a company to appoint a Public Officer within one month of its incorporation date. If required, Healy Consultants assists our multinational Clients to fulfil this statutory requirement.
What are the responsibilities of a South African Public Officer?A Public Officer is the South African Revenue Services (SARS)’s primary point of contact for the company for all tax-related queries. In practical terms, this individual is responsible for the South African company meeting all its accounting and tax obligations in an accurate and timely manner. These include:
- Ensuring all relevant tax registrations are completed (VAT, PAYE etc.).
- Submission of annual and provisional tax returns.
- Submission of employee monthly tax registrations.
- Notification of changes to certain company details such as address, year-end etc.
- Acceptance of any notices that are served against the organisation.
- To answer any questions that may be raised by SARS.
Healy Consultants South Africa Public Officer services
- Meeting South African monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and tax obligations is time consuming and requires specialist knowledge. Many of our Clients prefer to outsource this specialist role to in-house Accounting and Tax Department.
- Healy Consultants’ South Africa Public Officer is an accounting and tax specialist working in our South African office.
- Before appointing this individual, we encourage our Client to interview the officer. Assuming our Client is comfortable with this arrangement, this individual will be closely supervised by our Accounting and Tax Department Director, to ensure our Client’s company meets all of its South African accounting and tax obligations accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
Our South Africa Public Officer feesOur fee for this service amounts to US$3,150 per annum. Our fee to change the appointed South Africa Public Officer is US$950.
Through the contact details below, communicate with Healy Consultants Group PLC to appoint a South African Public Officer to your local entity.