DOING BUSINESS IN AJMAN
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC has been efficiently and effectively assisting our Clients with i) Ajman business registration ii) business licensing iii) Ajman business banking solutions iv) visa options and staff recruitment strategies and v) workspace rental solutions.
Press the link headings below to read detailed, relevant, up to date information.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Ajman company registration
- Foreign investors enjoy lower set up costs than equivalent free zones elsewhere in the UAE. For example, Ajman Free Zone Authority levies no business registration fees (although it does levy license fees), making business registration a cost effective solution for international entrepreneurs. Furthermore, office and land lease rates in Ajman are lower than in the free zones elsewhere in the UAE;
- Goods produced by the companies having national industrial license in the Ajman with 51% share holding with GCC nationals are eligible for “UAE Certificate of Origin” from the Ministry of Economy and Commerce, UAE, qualifying them for a customs duty exemption in member states of the GCC, provided the value addition in Ajman FZ has been at least 40% of the total final value of the relevant product;
- Companies in Ajman FZ enjoy low energy costs. Consequently, Ajman is popular for energy intensive businesses such as manufacturing. International entrepreneurs choosing to set up a manufacturing business entity in Ajman obtain an industrial license. Healy Consultants will arrange all required licenses without our Client needing to travel;
- A company located in Ajman enjoys 100% legal exemption from all import and export duties;
- Foreign investors obtain a 20 year land lease, renewable for another 20 years and thereby guaranteeing 40 years’ legitimate tax exempt operations;
- 100% foreign ownership is permitted. A free zone enterprise (FZE) requires a minimum of one shareholder. Furthermore, there are no restrictions on the repatriation of capital or profits from the UAE for any entity in Ajman;
- Registering an Ajman business is easier and cheaper than incorporating a regular LLC. For example, it is possible to set up a ‘hot desk’ facility in an office, a fully equipped space with desk, internet connection etc which is available for rent by the hour or day subject to availability. This shared facility removes the cost of renting a fixed office, and is especially attractive to new business start ups;
- International entrepreneurs obtain one of 4 different license types for their Ajman business: i) trading license ii) industrial license iii) professional services license and iv) national industrial license. A trading license is issued to foreign/UAE companies/free zone business entities who wish to carry out activities in Ajman;
- As part of the UAE, a respected international trading jurisdiction, an Ajman business is not perceived as an offshore company in an international tax haven. The UAE is positively ranked as the 23rd least corrupt country in the 2015 Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency International, a global measure of corruption amongst public officials and politicians;
- Healy Consultants can open global corporate bank account to support Ajman company. Healy Consultants works with internationally recognised banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered and Citibank to provide corporate bank account services;
- Following business registration, our Clients obtain UAE residence and employment visas. For more information, visit our migration and relocation services page.
Disadvantages of Ajman company registration
- Ajman has a high minimum capital requirement of DHS183,500 (US$50,000), which must be paid up during incorporation;
- Ajman business registration is slow, taking up to five weeks to obtain the business registration certificate and operating license;
- A free zone company (FZC) requires at least two shareholders, who can be of any nationality and need not be resident in Ajman or the UAE;
- Ajman is a small emirate which does not enjoy the global image and reputation of Dubai. Consequently, Ajman is not a good solution for international entrepreneurs for whom corporate image is important;
- While Ajman is strategically located close to major communication and transport links, Ajman only has a limited range of good quality accommodation, services, and schools for expatriate staff. The majority of expatriate managers choose to live in Dubai or Sharjah, with commuting times from Dubai at peak hours taking up to one hour;
- Because it is under developed, Ajman is experiencing construction work and utilities development which is disruptive to the operations of some companies. Furthermore, because it is under developed, Ajman is not yet an established community of businesses requiring services.
Best uses for an Ajman company
Connecting East and West
- Strategically situated at the entrance of the Arabian Gulf, Ajman is well placed to serve the eastern and western markets. Ajman’s proximity to Sharjah and Dubai provides easy accessibility to the two international airports and four ports;
A tax-exempt vehicle in the Middle East
- If properly structured, Ajman FZ business is the perfect way to legitimately book international profits without paying local corporation tax. There is neither any corporate tax nor personal income tax levied. Furthermore, there are no requirements for an Ajman business to prepare annual financial statements or tax returns to any authorities, making Ajman company easy to manage.
Tell us what you need - we’ll send you a customised proposal in 5 hours!
To help us engineer the optimum Ajman corporate structure, please complete the 3-minute questionnaire below; then press the submit button below.
Within 5 hours, one of our senior staff will ring or email you:
- Time to incorporate: Eight weeks
- Cost to set up: US$21,125
- Minimum capital: US$50,000
- Physical office required: No
- Shareholders: 2
- Directors: 1
- Company secretary: No
- Resident director: Yes
- Corporate tax rate: 0%
- Corporate tax base: Territorial
- Shelf companies: No
- Main company type: FZ Company
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to visit Ajman for business registration?No. Healy Consultants does not require our Clients to travel to Ajman to register a company.
Useful links for Ajman
Government and public authority websites:
- Ajman Free Zone Brochure
- KPMG – Investment in the UAE
- PKF – Free Zones in the UAE
- Investment Reform in the UAE
- Global Free Zones of the Future
- From Free Zones to Special Economic Zones