10 steps to incorporating in Cyprus
Cyprus company setup is straightforward and can be completed within 2 business weeks, without our Clients’ travel to the country. Below is a step by step guide on how we assist with incorporation procedures:
- Consultation: before starting the incorporation process we request our Clients to i) sign our engagement letter, ii) settle the first instalment of the total engagement fees and iii) email our compliance department scans of personal and corporate due diligence documents;
- Engagement planning: we assist our Client decide the i) proposed company’s name and ii) optimum corporate structure including directors and shareholders and our engagement manager drafts a detailed Cyprus engagement project plan mapping out, week by week, each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency and settling Client expectations;
- Business name reservation: we then submit and reserve the preferred company name to obtain the registration approval from the Registrar of Companies (DR-COR). On approval, the business name will be reserved for up to 6 months.
- Document preparation: our resident Cyprus law firm prepare a standard Memorandum and Articles and emails our Client for review and approval together with pre-filled company registration forms: HE2 for location of registered office and form HE3 details of directors and secretaries;
- Document submission: On receipt of signed forms, our compliance team will review and submit a complete incorporation package including certified due diligence documents and a sworn affidavit form HE1 signed by our Cypriot lawyer. Our Clients’ must note that an additional fee equivalent of 0.6% of share capital will be payable to the DR-COR;
- Registration approval: The DR-COR approves our Client’s company registration and emails the Certificate of Incorporation. On our Client’s request, Healy Consultants will obtain certified registration documents for further official uses;
- Bank account opening: if required, we will open a corporate bank account with one of our trusted banking partners in Cyprus and assist our Clients’ obtain a certificate of share capital deposit on their behalf;
- Tax and VAT registrations: Next, we will visit the Ministry of Commerce and complete and submit Form TD2001 to obtain the company tax identification number (TIN) and register for VAT;
- Register as an Employer: Before our Client can hire staff, the Cypriot company must register with the Ministry of Labor, Welfare and Social Insurance;
- Engagement completion: our compliance department will finally prepare and courier a full company kit, including original company registration documents, tax registration documents, unopened bank correspondence and internet banking access, and a Client feedback survey. If requested, upon engagement completion, Healy Consultants’ accounting department will provide accounting and tax support to maintain the company in good standing.
Frequently asked questions
What is the minimum number of shareholders and directors required to incorporate a company in Cyprus?Only 1 shareholder and 1 director is required to incorporate in Cyprus.
What kind of entity is optimal if I want to incorporate a holding company in Cyprus?Our Clients should incorporate an LLC in Cyprus for holding purposes.