Interesting facts about Georgia?
- Georgia gained independence from the Soviet Union in 1991;
- Since 2003’s Rose Revolution, the new government of Georgia implemented broad and comprehensive reforms, that touched every aspect of the country’s life;
- The country is divided into two halves; west and east by a chain of mountains called The Likhi Range of mountains;
- Georgia’s main economic activities include the cultivation of agricultural products such as grapes, citrus fruits, and hazelnuts;
- Georgian is the most spoken language, follows is Russian;
- Most Georgians belong to the Georgian Orthodox (65%), Russian Orthodox (10%) or Armenian Apostolic (8%) churches;
- The Jewish community of Georgia is one of the oldest in the world;
- The Voronya Cave (aka Krubera-Voronia Cave), situated in Georgia, is the deepest known cave in the world.