10 steps to incorporate in Georgia
Over the years, Georgia has simplified the steps necessary to company incorporation and the process now can be completed in a week. Unfortunately, online registration is however not available. Consequently, all of the documents must to be submitted to the National Agency of Public Registry in person. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients completing the same without the need for them to travel to Georgia.
- Engagement with the Client: Prior to Georgia company incorporation, our Clients i) settles Healy Consultants engagement fees ii) signs and returns the Client engagement agreement letter and iii) provides all the required due diligence;
- Planning phase: our team agrees on the optimal corporate structure for the entity, including shareholders and their respective capital contributions, directors, company name and its translation and (if required), accountants and auditors;
- Registered address: Georgian regulations require all companies to have a local registered address. Clients will have to provide either a lease agreement or a notarized permission of the legal address owner. Alternatively, our Firm can supply a Georgian address for incorporation;
- Document preparation: After agreement over the corporate structure of the entity, Healy Consultants sends for our Client’s signature i) the Memorandum and Articles of Association ii) application documents and iii) Power of Attorney for company registration.
- Application submission: Once all the documents are in order, our team will submit to the National Agency of Public Registry the i) M&AA ii) application documents iii) registered address vi) PoA and v) proof of payment of registration fee;
- Incorporation approval: Within a week of submitting the documents, the company is incorporated. Healy Consultants will email to our Client the company identification number and the certificate of incorporation.
- Bank account opening: Following company incorporation, Healy Consultants assist our Client opening a corporate bank account. Our team will skillfully negotiate so that our Client is exempt from traveling for the account opening. However, the banks enjoy ultimate power of approval for such waiver;
- VAT registration: Our Firm assist our Client with registering for Value Added Tax with the Georgia Revenue Services;
- Application for visas: If required, Healy Consultants assists our Client to submit a quality residency permit application;
- Engagement completion: Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Checklist of important documents required to incorporate a company in Georgia
- Passport copy and address proof notarized by a Public Notary in our Clients’ home country;
- For a corporate shareholder: Attested company incorporation documents (Certificate of registration, Bylaws and register of members and directors);
- Attested Power of Attorney granting Healy Consultants the authority to register a Georgia company on our Clients’ behalf.