Georgia residence permits
Healy Consultants will be happy to assist our Clients to apply for a residency visa or to hire foreign workers for their Georgian company. Our service includes the preparation and filling of a quality immigration application, which will optimize the probability of timely approval of the residence permit.
The government of Georgia offers a number of residence permits and visas for foreign nationals looking to either establish a business, obtain employment or visit the country for tourism purposes. Find below information on some of the key permits/visas.
Investment residence permit
- In accordance with Law of Georgia on Promotion and Guarantees of Investments, foreign nationals with a minimum investment of GEL300,000 (approx. US$125,000) in Georgia are eligible for an investment residence permit;
- To apply, an individual will be required to provide i) evidence of investment, ii) personal identification documents and iii) a recommendation letter from a Georgian government official or 3 Georgian nationals;
- When required, Healy Consultants assists our global Clients to secure the above recommendation to fulfil the residence permit application;
- This type of permit is also available for immediate family members of the investor or entrepreneur with an investment in Georgia.
Temporary residence permits
- Our Clients looking to reside in Georgia may obtain a temporary residence permit through holding shares in a Georgian company. This permit is valid for a renewable period of 12 months;
- Temporary residence permit can also be obtained in Georgia through the purchase of immovable property with a minimum value of US$35,000;
- Foreign nationals seeking employment in Georgia can obtain work residency visa under this category. The individual can either be a freelancer or employed under a labour contract. The permit is valid for 1 year and is renewable up to 5 years;
- The documents required to make an application include i) travel documents ii) contract of employment of entrepreneurial activity iii) document certifying legal stay in Georgia.
Short term residence permit
- Citizens of 94 countries listed in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website are exempt from visa requirements in Georgia for a period of one year;
- Other nationals not listed above can make an application through the e-VISA PORTAL and must provide i) a passport valid for at least 3 months ii) a recent passport sized photograph and iii) a return ticket;
- This type of permit if suitable for foreign individuals travelling to Georgia for short term employments, tourism or medical purposes.