Bangladesh employment visas in 2023
Foreigners who want to work or do business in Bangladesh must obtain the relevant Bangladeshi visa. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients apply for the correct visa based on the purpose of visit, length of stay and our Client’s nationality. Our fees for this service is US$4,950.
Our Clients who wish to visit Bangladesh for business purposes such as attending conferences or meetings, must apply for a Bangladesh business visa. In order to apply for a business visa in Bangladesh, Clients are required to have an invitation letter from a Bangladeshi company which Healy Consultants can provide. This visa allows our Clients to stay in Bangladesh for up to 30 days per entry.
Employment visas are also available for foreigners who intend to work for a Bangladeshi company. Our Clients will need i) a letter of employment from the Bangladeshi employer and ii) a letter of concurrence from the concerned Ministry of Bangladesh Government or Board of Investment or Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority.
While citizens of some countries can get a visa on arrival, others need to apply for a tourist visa before entering Bangladesh. A tourist visa allows you to stay in Bangladesh for 30 days per entry. People entering Bangladesh on a tourist visa are not allowed to conduct any commercial activities or work for anyone in Bangladesh.
Corporate banking options
- To receive the best internet banking and customer service, Healy Consultants recommends using the services of international banks HSBC, Standard Chartered, and Citibank for most corporate bank account solutions. Local banks can be used where appropriate for the Bangladesh company;
- Healy Consultants Compliance Team can open an international corporate bank account within 3-4 weeks of Bangladesh company incorporation. There is a 50% probability our Client will not need to travel to complete the account opening process. Following bank account approval, the preferred bank will directly and independently email our Clients the corporate bank account number. Healy Consultants’ fees to open a corporate bank account is US$2,950;
- Bangladesh banks will provide finance to locally-registered companies provided the following conditions are met i) good Business-plan ii) availability of security iii) experience of business owners iv) last 3 years audited financial statements v) realistic feasibility study vi) project strength and weaknesses analysis (SWOT);
- To support their new business in Bangladesh, Healy Consultants assists Clients with trade finance tasks including i) bank guarantees ii) letters of credit iii) finance against trust receipt iv) document against payment and against acceptance;
- Securing corporate finance in the form of a loan, overdraft, or simply preferential credit terms are other corporate banking related aspects of doing business in Bangladesh;
- Some Bangladesh banks provide the full range of corporate bank account facilities including multiple currencies, internet banking, telephone banking, checking accounts, savings accounts, debit and credit cards, fixed term deposits, and wealth management services.
Frequently asked questions
How can I visit my suppliers in Bangladesh before Bangladesh company formation?You can apply for a business visa to have a meeting with your suppliers in Bangladesh. Your supplier will have to write an invitation letter for you. Healy Consultants can assist you with this matter as well.
I am forming a company in Bangladesh. Will I have to travel to the country?No. Healy Consultants does not require our Clients to travel for company formation in Bangladesh.
Which bank should I open a corporate bank account for Bangladesh business formation?Healy Consultants will recommend a bank depending on your existing banking relations with international banks and your requirements for banking in Bangladesh. While we recommend using international banks such as Citibank and Standard Chartered, some of our Clients prefer using local banks due to the simplicity of procedure to open an account.
I want to start a company in Bangladesh. What is the Bangladeshi company formation procedure?Healy Consultants Bangladesh company formation specialists will guide our Clients at every step of the incorporation process. We start with obtaining a name clearance from the RJSC. Following name registration we open a corporate bank account, prepare all incorporation documents and finally register our Client’s company for TIN and a Trade License.