China employment visas in 2021
After incorporating a company in China, entrepreneurs may require visa solutions for them to work and reside in the country. Healy Consultants can assist our Clients in obtaining the relevant visas from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA). Healy Consultants will i) help Clients determine the optimal visa solution and ii) prepare high quality application to MOFA for increased probability of visa approval.
Investor visa (D visa)
- Foreigners who have made direct investment into China with i) stable operations and ii) good tax payment records for three successive years may apply for a D visa;
- The validity of a D visa is generally 5 years but there are no limitations on extension as long as the requirements are met;
- D visa applicants must have i) a health certificate issued by an authority designated by the Chinese government and ii) certificate of clean criminal record amongst other supporting documents.
Employment visa (Z visa)
- All foreigners intending to work long term in China are required to apply for a Z visa;
- This visa is valid for 30 days from the date of arrival. During this period, the employee must seek a temporary residence permit which allows him/her to stay for a maximum duration of 5 years;
- Employers are also required to obtain a foreigners employment permit issued by Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security.
For Short term business visits to China, Clients may consider for the following:
Business visit visa (M visa)
- M visas are used for short term visits to China for business visits. However, holder of this visa may not be employed in China;
- The duration of the visa may range from 30-60 days;
- Applicants of the M visa are required to show an invitation letter by a relevant entity or individual which should contain i) information of applicant, ii) information on planned visit and iii) information on inviting entity.
Visa applications can be made at the Chinese visa application service center in the country of your residence. Appointments should be made online in advance before applications are submitted.
Basic documents required for application include i) Original passport with at least 6 months validity ii) Visa application form and photo iii) Proof of residence. Additional supporting documents will be required depending on the type of visa applied for.