10 steps to incorporating in Denmark in 2021
- Before Healy Consultants starts to incorporate a company in Denmark on behalf of our Clients, we request them to i) settle Healy Consultants’ fees ii) sign and return our engagement letter and iii) provide us all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed Denmark LLC business incorporation project plan, mapping out by week each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Healy Consultants’ incorporation team performs a company name search with the Danish Business Authority (also known as the DCCA). Check the availability of your preferred company name here. The name will be then reserved in less than one week;
- Healy Consultants then liaises with our Client’s preferred bank for the opening of a corporate bank account in Denmark. While this account will be initially provisional and only used to deposit the company’s paid up capital (minimum of approximately €400), it will be converted into a permanent account after business incorporation in Denmark is complete;
- While our Client injects the paid-up capital to the provisional corporate bank account, Healy Consultants’ incorporation team prepares and emails the following documents to the Client for his signature and return: i) Memorandum and Articles of Association ii) company registration forms and iii) Director and shareholder consent forms;
- After we receive all documents mentioned below, Healy Consultants’ Denmark company incorporation services provider submits an application for incorporation of the company with the Danish Business Authority;
- To support our Client’s business, Healy Consultants can provide a business address for invoicing purposes. Additionally, many Clients request telephone, fax, and email support for their company following entity establishment. Our Clients may request Denmark virtual office services or ask us to find office or manufacturing space on their behalf;
- If required, Healy Consultants assists Clients to find business premises in Denmark and recruit local and expatriate staff by placing advertising campaigns in local publications, such as the Copenhagen Post;
- After incorporation of the Denmark company, we register it for corporate tax and VAT (if necessary). If required, we also register employees with a workmen’s private insurance;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original Denmark corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey to assess the quality of our Denmark business incorporation services.
Frequently asked questions
Is a company secretary required for Denmark business incorporation?No, a company secretary does not need to be appointed in order to incorporate a Denmark company.
What are the minimum capital requirements when incorporating a company in Denmark?When incorporating in Denmark, minimum paid up share capital of €400 is required.
What will be the Denmark incorporation timeline?Establishing a new business in Denmark will take 8 weeks. This estimate also takes into account the need to open a corporate bank account.
Are there any business restrictions for foreigners when incorporating in Denmark?Non-Denmark nationals are not subject to any business restrictions.