14 steps to incorporating in Indonesia in 2023
- Consultation: Our Client i) settles our engagement fees ii) signs and returns the Engagement Letter and iii) provides us all the required due diligence documents.
- Corporate structure: Healy Consultants Group agrees with our Client on the optimal corporate structure for the proposed company, including shareholders and directors.
- Project planning: Healy Consultants Group drafts a detailed engagement project plan, mapping out by week each step to incorporation engagement completion, optimising transparency and setting Client expectations.
- Power of Attorney (PoA): Healy Consultants Group drafts and emails our Client i) PoA ii) letter of share capital allotment and iii) letter confirming registered address, for signatures and courier back to Indonesia.
- Name reservation: Our Incorporation Team reserves the company name with the Ministry of Justice and Human Rights.
- Notarisation and submission: The Incorporation Team prepares company deeds of establishment and notarises the same with the Public Notary, and submits them along with all the original signed documents to the Indonesian government.
- Incorporation: Healy Consultants Group settles the applicable government fees and obtains i) approved Deed of Incorporation ii) Ministerial Decree and iii) Business Identification Number (NIB).
- The foreign investor’s shareholding percentage must meet requirements under the Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board’s Negative Investment List (DNI).
- Tax certificate: The Incorporation Team submits an application to the Tax Office to obtain i) Tax Registration Number card ii) Tax Registration Certificate.
- Other registrations: If required, Healy Consultants Group assists our Client to register with i) the Ministry of Manpower and ii) Social Security Administrative Bodies (BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, BPJS Kesehatan).
- Bank account: If required, Healy Consultants Banking Team assists our Client open a corporate bank account with HSBC or SCB Jakarta or their preferred bank.
- Work permit (KITAS): Indonesian banks will require a bank signatory to obtain a work permit before account is approved. If required, Healy Consultants Group assists our Client to secure a work permit within eight weeks.
- Other consideration: Certain regulated activities may require our Client to present a Report of Capital Investment Activity to the Capital Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) for approval before proceeding with incorporation.
- Engagement completion: Healy Consultants Group couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original Indonesia corporate documents translated in English, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Frequently asked questions
Will I need to travel to incorporate a company in Indonesia?No. Healy Consultants does not require our Clients to travel for the company incorporation process.
If I incorporate a limited company in Indonesia, can it be fully foreign owned?Yes, a wholly foreign owned company in Indonesia, called the PMA, can be incorporated with a share capital of US$100,000.