Resident director and shareholder services in 2021
In order to incorporate in Indonesia, our clients are required to appoint at least one individual director resident in Indonesia. This person may be i) a local Indonesian individual or ii) a foreigner with a valid work visa (KITAS). In addition, certain business activities require our Clients to appoint a professional passive nominee local shareholder. When our Clients are unable to comply with these requirements by themselves, Healy Consultants provides nominee services for professional passive resident directors and shareholders in Indonesia.
Who requires a resident director?
- In accordance with Indonesian Company Law, all Limited Liability Companies (PMA) must appoint at least i) one individual resident director; ii) two shareholders which can be either corporates or individuals; and iii) one individual commissioner of any nationality. The commissioner cannot be simultaneously appointed as director and does not need to be resident in Indonesia;
- If our Clients face difficulties to find an Indonesian resident director, Healy Consultants offers professional, passive professional nominee resident director services. Our service fee is US$7,950 per Indonesian nominee director appointed. To ensure our Client’s assets are fully protected, the provided nominee will not be involved in daily business activities nor with the management of the company nor be appointed as bank signatory for the corporate bank account in Indonesia.
- To know our fees for nominee services in other countries, visit this webpage
Who is considered resident in Indonesia?
- Any i) local national with a tax ID, ii) foreign national holding an Indonesian work visa (KITAS) or iii) permanent resident expatriate will meet the residency requirements set by the authorities;
- Before Healy Consultants can apply for a KITAS, the Indonesian company must be fully registered. Therefore, Healy Consultants will be pleased to provide a local nominee resident director for 6 months until that time when i) the Indonesian company is fully set up and ii) Healy Consultants secures a KITAS for our Client’s preferred foreign individual. Our service fees to secure each Indonesian employment visa is US$4,950 for the first employee, US$3,950 for the second employee, US$2,950 for employee thereafter.
Who requires a local shareholder?
- Those foreign investors who want to establish a company in a business field that is closed or conditionally open to foreign investment, will need to appoint a local shareholder
- The percentage of shares to be held by the local shareholder is fixed by the Indonesia Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM). Kindly refer to the Negative Investment List in the pdf file below.
- Independently of the number of shares, Healy Consultants will assist our Client by providing professional and passive nominee shareholders as to meet the requirements for the specific business field our Clients desire to enter.
What are the benefits of our nominees resident?
- Healy Consultants’ passive professional nominee directors and shareholders are not involved in daily business activities nor bank accounts of our clients;
- Having a quality nominee director from Healy Consultants increases the probability of i) timely corporate bank account approval; ii) employee visa approvals and iii) specific Indonesian Government licenses approvals;
- Before appointing the nominee director or shareholder, Healy Consultants will provide our Clients with detailed due diligence information about each nominee. Kindly refer to this webpage for further information about our nominees;
- Healy Consultants and our Client will sign a legal service agreement outlining terms and provisions of the nominee services. Therefore, our Client is able to rely on 100% legal and safe nominee services from Healy Consultants;
- Healy Consultants boasts more than two decades of successfully providing nominee services in multiple countries. During this period, our professional services were used by a wide range of Clients. If you need references, feel free to contact one or several of our previous Clients.