Italy employment visa in 2023
Only non-EU / EFTA citizens are required to secure a work visa to work in Italy. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients by preparing the visa application and submitting it to the local Italian Consulate. Our fee for this service is €3,950.
- Non-EU/EFTA entrepreneurs willing to reside in Italy are be required to obtain an entrepreneur visa and a residence permit (both valid up to two years and renewable);
- Documents required include: i) a valid passport ii) certificate of incorporation iii) approval from the local Chamber of Commerce’s iv) certificate of deposit and v) residential address;
- Since June 2014, entrepreneurs creating a qualifying innovative SME may benefit from a startup visa with streamlined procedures, if they meet the following conditions: i) evidence of €50,000 as funds available to develop the company ii) at least €8,400 of income during past year iii) proof of suitable accommodation.
- Estimated processing time to secure this visa is 2 months;
- An employer willing to hire a Non-EU/EFTA national will be required to apply for work permit. This application will be submitted to the Sportello Unico per l’Immigrazione;
- Documents to be submitted by the employer include i) copy of the employee’s passport ii) a copy of the employment contract iii) proof of suitable accommodation for the employee and iv) proof that qualified resident candidates were unavailable;
- Documents to be submitted by the employee include i) authorization from the police station of town of employment ii) a valid passport iii) color passport size photographs iv) applicant’s bio data, phone number and active email address v) educational certificates vi) copy of employment contract and vi) proof of accommodation.
- Estimated processing time to secure this visa is 3 months;
- This visa is issued for 3 months for either the purpose of tourism or short-term business;
- Documents required are i) a valid passport ii) bank statements to prove that the entire trip is covered iii) medical insurance iv) proof of accommodation and v) a document declaring purpose of the visit.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to obtain a visa for Italy company formation?No. Healy Consultants does not require our Clients to travel for company formation in Italy. However, we would be pleased to assist with visa applications for any of our Clients who wish to reside in Italy after forming a company in Italy.
Do I need a resident director to start a company in Italy?No. Our Clients do not need a resident director for Italy business registration. Shareholders and directors can be resident anywhere.
What is the Italian company formation procedure?Healy Consultants provides complete company formation guidance in Italy. The procedure involves i) company name reservation ii) depositing paid up capital iii) signing incorporation forms and iv) signing up for employee retirement plan.