10 steps to incorporating in Peru
Peru company setup is relatively simple with Healy Consultants’ transparent and logical engagement procedures. A business set up engagement will typically evolve as follows:
- Our Client i) settles our retainer fees, ii) signs Healy Consultants engagement letter and iii) provides us due diligence documentation required;
- Healy Consultants provides our Client a detailed engagement project plan, outlining a weekly roadmap of the engagement deliverables;
- Our client confirms the preferred corporate structure and provides us i) legalized and notarized due diligence documents and ii) a signed POA authorizing Healy Consultants to register the local entity in Peru;
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants will reserve company name with the Public register of Peru. Our Client can check availability of company name here (click link);
- After name approval, we will incorporate the Peruvian company by i) submitting the deed of incorporation before a notary public ii) file the company constitution with the Registrar of Commerce and iii) obtain the certificate of business registration. If required, Healy Consultants will provide our Client full virtual office services including telephone, fax and email support;
- Following the setup, Healy Consultants compliance team prepares post incorporate documents including minutes of first meeting of shareholders and directors, preparation of bylaws and issuance of share certificates;
- Healy Consultants will register the company with the i) Peru Tax Administration (SUNAT) to obtain a tax identification number (RUC) and ii) the City Council to obtain a municipal license;
- Healy Consultants registers the company and all its employees with the Peruvian Social Security (ESSALUD);
- Healy Consultants submit application for a multi-currency corporate bank account with our Client’s preferred international bank such as Banco Santander, BBVA or Scotiabank. If required, Healy Consultants will open a corporate bank account with local banks including: GNB or BCP. On request, our firm may also assist our Client obtain, corporate finance and open international merchant accounts;
- Following company setup in Peru, Healy Consultants couriers a company kit to our Client containing i) the original copy of the company’s business registration certificate and original share certificates ii) Peru corporate banking documents and a iii) Client feedback survey to assess the quality of our Peru business incorporation services;
Frequently asked questions
How long will it take to complete the company incorporation process in Peru?On average, incorporating a company in Peru takes 24 weeks, which also include research to provide our Client with a project engagement tailored to his needs and procedures to open a corporate bank account. Company registration takes on average only 12 weeks, so our Clients with a well-defined project will enjoy reduced incorporation timelines, as less research will be required.
Who will be liaising with me during the incorporation of my Peru company?Our in-house company incorporation specialist will liaise with you during the whole incorporation process, either in English or Spanish according to your preferences. If needed, you may also ask us to appoint another Ecuador incorporation service provider who will assist you in another language, such as Mandarin, Bahasa, French or Hindi.