Qatar Public Relations Officer (PRO) in 2023
All Qatari companies are advised to hire a local Public Relations Officer (PRO). This Arabic-speaker liaises between the company and various government departments, handing time consuming, bureaucratic procedures such as securing visas, licences and permits.
Qatar PRO responsibilities
A PRO is essentially a government liaison officer whose responsibilities typically include:
- Handling visa applications (as well as renewals and cancellations) for expatriate employees, including liaising with the immigration department, the Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Submitting licence applications, for example to Qatar free zone authorities.
- Ensuring the company is in compliance with Qatar Commercial Companies Law and Qatar Labour Law.
- Keeping up to date with any new government regulations and legislation.
- Assisting expatriate employees to obtain a Qatari driving licence.
- Completing renewals of commercial registration and trading licences.
- Collecting due diligence for job applicants, in accordance with Qatari government regulations.
Qatar PRO skillset
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with, dealing with local government departments, including Free Zone regulators. In our experience, in Qatar it is a significant advantage if the PRO can leverage wasta, or influence, in government departments to legally expedite processes.
- A practical working knowledge of Qatari labour, employment, corporate and immigration laws.
- Proficiency in i) writing and speaking Arabic and English and ii) due diligence collection and preparation as required by local regulatory bodies.
- Familiarity with government e-services.
- Local driving licence.
Healy Consultants’ Qatar PRO services
- The PRO plays a pivotal role in a Qatari company. Our multinational Clients require someone they can trust to carry out important legal and administrative functions on behalf of the company.
- To minimise risk and cost, we recommend our Client appoints an existing Qatari staff member.
- If required, Healy Consultants Group will supply a professional resident Qatari PRO, suitably qualified and vetted by our team, for a fee of US$3,950.
- On behalf of our Client, Healy Consultants Group will i) conduct initial candidate interviews ii) shortlist up to five candidates iii) liaise with our preferred human resource agencies in Qatar and iv) collect and review candidate due diligence.
- Within three business weeks, our team will supply our Client with at least five resumes of suitably-qualified candidates, the vast majority of whom we expect will be based in Doha.
- Following appointment, the monthly PRO salary (estimated at around US$2,200) will be paid directly by our Client.