Government grants and incentives in Saudi Arabia in 2021
- 100% foreign ownership of companies and property, including land;
- No restrictions on the repatriation of capital and profits;
- No sales tax or value added tax (VAT);
- No personal income tax or property tax;
- Ability to carry forward losses indefinitely;
- 10-year tax incentives on investments in undeveloped provinces;
- Exemption from import tariffs of spare parts, raw materials, and plant machinery.
- Up to SR1.2 billion (US$320 million)-worth of medium to long-term loans from the Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF);
- These loans are available for the establishment or upgrade of manufacturing facilities in Saudi Arabia;
- SIDF also provides financial, administrative, technological and marketing advice to industrial firms;
- Assistance of SMEs to secure loans from Saudi commercial banks though SIDF Loan Guarantee Program (Kafalah);
- Up to SR3 million in interest-free loans from Saudi Credit & Savings Bank for the development of small enterprises;
- Loans and grants from Saudi Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) for training and employment of Saudi nationals.