DOING BUSINESS IN NEVADA
Nevada business registration is an excellent way to legitimately book international profits without paying local corporation tax. Healy Consultants offers a comprehensive company registration services to international entrepreneurs:
Press the link headings below to read detailed, relevant, up to date information.
Advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Nevada company registration
- If properly structured, Nevada business entity is an excellent way to legitimately book international profits without paying local corporation tax, provided no revenue is sourced within the U.S. and the shareholders and directors are not US residents;
- There are no minimum capital requirements when registering a company in Nevada. According to the World Bank’s Doing Business 2015 Survey, the US is the 7th easiest place in the world to do business. The survey measures factors including business startup procedures, time, cost, and minimum capital requirements to start a business;
- Following company formation, there is no requirement to submit annual audit financial statements or tax returns. Additionally, the USA is positively ranked as the 12th freest economy in the world, according to the Heritage Foundation’s 2012 Index of Economic Freedom, which measures freedom enjoyed in business, trade, monetary, financial, investment, and labor markets;
- A minimum of one director is required with company registration. The director can act as shareholder, need not be resident of Nevada, and can be of any nationality. Details of shareholders and directors are not available for public viewing. Nevada is one of only two states in the US that does not have an information sharing agreement with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- Following company incorporation, Healy Consultants can open a corporate bank account with one of the world’s leading retail banks, including HSBC, Standard Chartered, and Citibank;
- The USA is positively ranked as the 17th least corrupt country in the world, according to the 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index by Transparency International, a global measure of corruption amongst public officials and politicians;
- The US is ranked first in the world by the Global Competitiveness Report 2012 – 2013, one of the world’s most comprehensive and respected assessment of countries’ competitiveness, offering invaluable insights into the policies, institutions, and factors driving productivity.
Disadvantages of Nevada company registration
- Nevada business registration requires an annual filing with the identities of the management team being disclosed; however, nominee directors are permitted. If required, Healy Consultants can provide nominee director services to support Nevada business formation;
- Nevada company has a ‘corporate stigma’ due to the state’s reputation for gambling and vice.
- It is important that our Clients are aware of their personal and corporate tax obligations annually. Let us know if you need Healy Consultants’ help to clarify your annual reporting obligations.
- Time to incorporate: One week
- Cost to set up: US$8,540
- Minimum capital: US$0
- Physical office required: No
- Shareholders: 1
- Directors: 1
- Company secretary: Yes
- Resident director: No
- Corporate tax rate: 35%
- Corporate tax base: Worldwide
- Shelf companies: No
- Main company type: LLC
Frequently asked questions
I am starting a new business in Nevada. Can you tell me how many directors will be required?If you are registering a limited liability company in Nevada, 1 director will be required.
What are the least number of shareholders mandated for successful business registration in Nevada?If you register a business in Nevada, you will only be required to appoint 1 shareholder.
Is it mandatory to have a resident director or shareholder for company registration in Nevada?No. Resident director/shareholders are not required for registering a company in Nevada.
How to register a business in Nevada?For Nevada business registration, our Client will be required to i) reserve the company name ii) sign the company setup forms iii) apply for Federal Identification Number (EIN) iv) register with the Unemployment Insurance Division and v) publish the notice of incorporation.
Healy Consultants’ experts are Nevada company registration specialists and will assist our Clients at every step of the engagement.
Can Healy Consultants assist my firm with Nevada subsidiary company registration?Yes. Healy Consultants is a qualified and experienced Nevada company registration agent and will be able to assist you and your firm with this process.
Our Nevada company registration services include i) business registration ii) business license registration iii) immigration solutions iv) employment strategies v) business banking solutions and vi) office rental requirements.
Useful links for Nevada
Government and public authority websites:
- Nevada Tax Authority
- Nevada Company Registrar
- Nevada company name search
- Central Bank of Nevada
- Stock Exchange
- Investment Authority
- Chamber of Commerce
- Nevada airports
- Visiting Nevada
- Nevada Business Entity Search
- Nevada Hispanic Business
- Nevada Business Portal
- Nevada Yellow pages
- Nevada White pages
- Tax Foundation – 2014 State Business Tax Climate Index
- City of Las Vegas – Business Guide 2014
- State Business Tax Climate Index
- Understanding Nevada’s Property Tax System
- Doing Business Guide USA – Nevada
- Nevada Business Guide
- Foreign Direct Investment – Why Nevada?
- Nevada Investment Strategies