DOING BUSINESS IN NEVADA
Nevada business registration is an excellent way to legitimately book international profits without paying local corporation tax. Healy Consultants Group PLC offers a comprehensive company registration services to international entrepreneurs:
Press the link headings below to read detailed, relevant, up to date information.
Advantages of Nevada company registration
- Nevada business entities are exempt from paying corporate income tax, provided that the revenue is i) only sourced from the state of Nevada or ii) is only sourced from outside of the USA;
- Furthermore, business entities are exempt from i) tax on corporate shares or LLC ownership ii) franchise tax iii) admissions tax and iv) unitary tax or state or gift tax. Business entities are only subject to federal taxation;
- Individuals residing in Nevada are also exempt from paying personal income tax;
- There is no public registry of Nevada business entities’ shareholders and owners. Their identity remains fully anonymous;
- It is one of the only states in the USA that hasn’t signed the Information Sharing Agreement (ISA) with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Under such agreement, the states the federal government share information on abusive tax avoidance transactions and taxpayers who are participants of them;
- Directors and officers are not personally liable for the corporation or its shareholders and creditors in relation with their services to the business entity;
- A business entity’s annual meeting does not need to be held in the state of Nevada, even being allowed to happen overseas.
Disadvantages of Nevada company registration
- Nevada is one of the most expensive states to register a business in the USA. Furthermore, business entities are required to pay annual renewal fees such as Business License Fee and annual report fees, which are also above the national average;
- Although there is no public register of shareholders and owners, during incorporation, business entities are required to i) name an initial director or manager in the articles of association, which will be available at the company’s public records, and ii) to submit an initial list of officers and members, which will also be available to the public;
- Furthermore, business entities are required to submit an annual list of officers and directors to the company registrar. However, the state allows the appointment of nominee directors and officers. If required, Healy Consultants can provide nominee director/manager services to support our Clients’ business formation;
- Finally, due to its advantageous taxation regime and protection of shareholder’s identities, Nevada may be seen as a not so reputable state, therefore some businesses registered in the state might face issues when dealing with Clients and suppliers.
Tell us what you need - we’ll send you a customised proposal in 5 hours!
To help us engineer the optimum Nevada corporate structure, please complete the 3-minute questionnaire below; then press the submit button below.
Within 5 hours, one of our senior staff will ring or email you:
- Time to incorporate: One week
- Cost to set up: US$7,740
- Minimum capital: US$0
- Physical office required: No
- Shareholders: 1
- Directors: 1
- Company secretary: Yes
- Resident director: No
- Corporate tax rate: 35%
- Corporate tax base: Worldwide
- Shelf companies: No
- Main company type: LLC
Frequently asked questions
I am starting a new business in Nevada. Can you tell me how many directors will be required?If you are registering a limited liability company in Nevada, 1 director will be required.
What are the least number of shareholders mandated for successful business registration in Nevada?If you register a business in Nevada, you will only be required to appoint 1 shareholder.
Is it mandatory to have a resident director or shareholder for company registration in Nevada?No. Resident director/shareholders are not required for registering a company in Nevada.
How to register a business in Nevada?For Nevada business registration, our Client will be required to i) reserve the company name ii) sign the company setup forms iii) apply for Federal Identification Number (EIN) iv) register with the Unemployment Insurance Division and v) publish the notice of incorporation.
Healy Consultants’ experts are Nevada company registration specialists and will assist our Clients at every step of the engagement.
Can Healy Consultants assist my firm with Nevada subsidiary company registration?Yes. Healy Consultants is a qualified and experienced Nevada company registration agent and will be able to assist you and your firm with this process.
Our Nevada company registration services include i) business registration ii) business license registration iii) immigration solutions iv) employment strategies v) business banking solutions and vi) office rental requirements.
Useful links for Nevada
Government and public authority websites:
- Nevada Tax Authority
- Nevada Company Registrar
- Nevada company name search
- Central Bank of Nevada
- Stock Exchange
- Investment Authority
- Chamber of Commerce
- Nevada airports
- Visiting Nevada
- Nevada Business Entity Search
- Nevada Hispanic Business
- Nevada Business Portal
- Nevada Yellow pages
- Nevada White pages
- Tax Foundation – 2014 State Business Tax Climate Index
- City of Las Vegas – Business Guide 2014
- State Business Tax Climate Index
- Understanding Nevada’s Property Tax System
- Doing Business Guide USA – Nevada
- Nevada Business Guide
- Foreign Direct Investment – Why Nevada?
- Nevada Investment Strategies