10 steps to incorporating in Nevada
Setting up a company in Nevada is a straightforward process and can be completed within 2 weeks. Without our Client travelling to the US state, Healy Consultants’ preferred local registered agent will complete all procedures on their behalf. An overview of starting up a company in Nevada include:
- Before Healy Consultants commences the engagement, our Clients must i) settle our Nevada engagement fees ii) e-sign and email return the engagement letter and iii) courier us the required due diligence documents;
- Our Client engagement manager will draft a detailed project plan for our Clients’ reference. This plan will detail all steps by week towards engagement completion, thereby optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Next, we assist determine the optimum corporate structure pertaining to our Clients’ business needs and submit the preferred company name to the Nevada Secretary of State. If our Client intends to trade with a different business name we also assist secure a Fictitious Name Certificate from the County Clerk’s office.
- On approval of the company name, our registered agent will then prepare the business registration forms for our Clients’ signature and courier return. After the forms have been signed, our experts will file i) the Initial List detailing the company officers and ii) Articles of Organization with the Secretary of State;
- After the company is incorporated, Healy Consultants will assist our Client apply for a State Business License for our Clients’ company from the Nevada Secretary of State website. This license is required before our Client can legally commence business operations.
- Depending on the business activity and location, our Clients may be required to apply for i) a zoning ordinance, ii) additional local (county) licenses and iii) special operational permits. If applicable, Healy Consultants will secure the same from the State Department of Taxation and County Clerk Office;
- After the company has been incorporated, our experts will apply for EIN (Employer Identification Number) for our Clients at the IRS (Inland Revenue Service). EIN will be required by our Clients when filing the tax returns;
- Although not mandatory, Healy Consultants can also assist our Client with corporate bank account opening. Our bank account opening team will liaise with the bank to prevent our Client from having to travel for an account opening interview;
- If required, Healy Consultants will assist our Client in i) finding business premises in Nevada ii) recruiting local and expatriate staff and registering as an employer with the State Department of Business and Industry;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants will courier a full company kit to our Client, including original Nevada corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Checklist of important documents required to incorporate a Nevada company
- Individual shareholders – attested passport copies and address proofs of all foreign shareholders, directors and company officers;
- Corporate shareholders – attested corporate documents including Certificate of incorporation, Articles of Association, Certificate of Incumbency or register of directors and shareholders;
- Articles of Organization, Initial List of company officers, State Business License, and County specific special license.
Frequently asked questions
What is the estimated time period for completing Nevada business incorporation?Healy Consultants can assist our Clients incorporate a Nevada company within 5 weeks.
Will I be required to appoint a company secretary when incorporating a company in Nevada?No. Although a company secretary is not required, you will be required to appoint a registered agent.
What Nevada company incorporation services can Healy Consultants offer my firm?
As Nevada incorporation service providers, Healy Consultants will assist our Clients with i) company registration ii) business license registration iii) immigration solutions iv) employment strategies v) business banking solutions and vi) office rental requirements.
Our experts are Nevada business incorporation specialists and will send our Clients weekly updates till engagement completion.
How much share capital is required to complete the company incorporation process in Nevada?Only US$1 is required to incorporate a company in Nevada.
Is there a business video which highlights some of the advantages in Nevada?Yes. Please click on the following link to find a video on tax advantages in Nevada.