Jaya Prakash | Econ writer
I joined Healy Consultants Group PLC in July 2020 as a Content Writer in the Singapore office. Before that, I worked for a host of news publications in Singapore and overseas. Now I use my skills and knowledge to assist Healy Consultants Group PLC’s Clients and staff.
My business goals
- To do whatever I can to elevate the visibility of the firm.
- To ensure that our team produces the best content possible for our website visitors.
My daily work schedule
- Writing original website content based on my research.
- Assisting with the management, updating and improvement of existing content on our business website.
The most interesting work I ever did
- Writing a book on workplace bullying that resulted in legislation being adopted in Singapore (Protection from Harassment Act 2014).
- I interviewed former Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir, who accepted my invitation to visit Singapore to address the Foreign Correspondents’ Association in 2007.
The most rewarding work I ever did
- Getting the Malaysian Human Resources Ministry to adopt one of my findings.
- Winning the Sea Horse Award 2015, which celebrates excellence in global maritime journalism for a piece which led to US maritime authorities developing a device for ferries to save lives.
- Working out in the gym.
- Taking my family out for holidays.
I’m personable and a good communicator.
Languages I speak
English, Tamil, and Malay
A sample of my global business experience
I have worked in Australia and the UK on various journalistic beats.