Roma Paul | Legal & Compliance Officer
I joined Healy Consultants Group PLC in November 2021 as a Legal & Compliance Officer. Prior to that, I used to work as a Company Secretary in a Company registered in India. I part of the broader compliance team working together within the UAE and international offices and leveraging our cross-border experiences to provide the highest standards of compliance with the local and international laws.
My business goals
- Constantly improve my practical knowledge of both domestic and international AML policies, practices, and frameworks.
- Ensure that robust and feasible AML/CFT measures are implemented to mitigate and minimise risks to Healy Consultants Group PLC.
- Keeping well-informed of the latest changes in the Company Regulations, Singapore’s ACRA’s Guidelines for Registered Filing Agents, CDSA, TSOFA, FATCA and FATF’s recommendations.
- Ensure that legal agreements and contracts entered into are mutually beneficial to both Healy Consultants and our valued clients/suppliers
My daily work schedule
- Performing Risk Assessment checks and determining the level of AML/CFT risks.
- Preparing Due Diligence Checklists for new as well as existing clients.
- Performing on going monitoring of the existing clients by collection of their latest Due diligence documents.
- Keeping myself updated on the latest notifications or guidance on legal reporting requirements with respect to AML/CFT.;
- Assisting Legal and Compliance Department for the preparation of Training material on AML/CFT for all staff.
- Assisting in preparation and submitting relevant Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR’s) to the authorities.
- Assisting all staff of Healy Consultants Group PLC to maintain high standards of compliance with internal procedures.
The most interesting work I ever did
- • I represented on behalf of my Company as a Company Secretary in front of the Company Law Board which at present is NCLT, a quasi-judicial body in India that adjudicate issues relating to Indian Companies. I successfully completed the task of Compounding of Offences related to the Company under various sections of the Indian Companies Act,2013.
The most rewarding work I ever did
- I led an impact day for my organisation and lead an event to support special children in their education and well-being. We spent a quality day and certainly rewarded.
- Watching Bollywood movies.
- Exploring new cuisine
- I am confident and hardworking.;
- Efficient and responsible.;
Languages I speak
A sample of my global business experience
Contact our firm
Your query will be handled promptly by one of our in-house experts based on the nature of your query and your country of interest.