10 steps to incorporating in Canada in 2024
Incorporation of a company in Canada is straight forward and can be completed without the need for our Client to travel. Within 2 weeks, we will email you a certificate of incorporation. Within 2 months, you will be able to legally conduct business in Canada. This web page will help you visualize the company registration process:
- Prior to company incorporation, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants Group’s fees, ii) completes and email returns signed Healy Consultants Group’s engagement letter and iii) provides us with all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants Group’s in-house country expert discusses our Client’s requirements and highlights including i) optimum corporate structure for their business ii) any potential licensing needed, iii) the optimum province in Canada and iv) Canada corporate banking and cash flow considerations and v) employment visa strategies where applicable;
- The team will draft a detailed engagement plan for our Clients, stating week by week, every step towards engagement completion to optimize work transparency and settle out Client’s expectations.
- Healy Consultants Group’s incorporation team i) reserves the proposed company name and ii) prepares the Articles of Incorporation;
- The Incorporation Team then prepares and submits a business registration application with Corporations Canada or specific Registry depending on your preferred Canadian Province of incorporation;
- Within two weeks of submitting the relevant documents, Healy Consultants Group obtains the i) certificate of incorporation ii) memorandum and articles of association and iii) company extract and immediately emails the same to our Client.
- Once the company is legally incorporated, if required, Healy Consultants Group’s corporate banking team assists our Client to open a corporate bank account for the newly incorporated entity without the need to travel to Canada;
- If required, Healy Consultants Group assist our Client to register their company for Goods and Services Tax (GST)/Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) T and/or Provincial Sales Tax (PST) where applicable;
- If required, Healy Consultants Group can assist our Client to i) find business premises and ii) recruit local and expatriate staff. Refer to this webpage to see how Healy Consultants Group will project manage the A to Z of this recruitment process. Additionally, our team can also guide Clients through iii) navigating the regulatory environment and iv) obtaining the necessary licenses and visas in Canada;
- The process of registering a Canada company is now accomplished. Healy Consultants Group couriers to our Client’s preferred address, a complete company kit including i) the original corporate documents ii) unopened bank correspondence and iii) Client feedback survey.
Documents required for incorporation
Documents required include i) company name and business activity ii) corporation’s province in Canada iii) share structure and restrictions on share transfers and iv) details of directors.
To advance your company incorporation engagement, I recommend you communicate with Healy Consultants Group via the contact details below