Canada client case studies
Company incorporation and account opening in Canada
- In October 2020, our Client approached Healy Consultants Group PLC to set up an LLC in Canada and open a corporate bank account for the new entity.
- The Canadian company is one of the subsidiaries for the organisation that offers road safety-related products, in-car safety devices and driving aids in Canada.
- We prepared and emailed our Client a detailed engagement advancement proposal. This included a formal invoice itemising costs for agreed services including i) Canada company registration ii) provision of a Canadian nominee resident director and iii) corporate bank account opening.
- Our proposal also included costs breakdown, time frame and accounting and tax liabilities. All fees were agreed upfront.
- Our Client paid the first installment fees for us to begin the Canada company setup process.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC prepared and emailed our Client a draft corporate structure and business plan for review, amendment, and email return.
Canada company registration
- To speed up the process of account opening, our Client agreed to appoint our preferred nominee director as the sole director of the Canadian entity. Healy Consultants Group PLC prepared the nominee and indemnity agreement for our Client and the nominee director to sign.
- Our Client and the nominee signed all required documents and Healy Consultants Group PLC proceeded with company name reservation (nuans).
- Once the company name was approved, our team began the company registration process and submitted the application to register the company.
- Within one week of submitting the company registration application, we obtained the Certificate of Incorporation, Constitution and registers of directors and shareholders, and immediately emailed our Client scan copies of the same. Company registration was now complete.
Canada corporate bank account opening
- Healy Consultants Group PLC’s nominee director booked an appointment with our Client’s preferred bank to open the corporate account.
- Within one week of the nominee director’s appointment, the account was opened, and our nominee received the bank debit card together with the internet banking login details.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC emailed all the details to our Client, who was able to immediately login and view the account. However, our Client required a Visa debit card which was not issued by this bank.
- We immediately informed our nominee, who then visited another preferred bank to open an account which issues Visa debit cards for corporate accounts. Within two days, the account was opened. After another week, the Visa debit card was received by our nominee who activated the account and emailed us all the login information and Visa card details.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC emailed all the details to our Client, who was able to immediately login and view the account. Our Client could now sign contracts, issue invoices, receive funds and pay suppliers through their corporate account.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC appointed our Client as director of the Canadian entity and emailed him the new register of directors. Thereafter, our Malaysia office prepared the company kit, including all registration documents, in readiness for courier to our Client.