The Croatia digital nomad visa in 2021
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group PLC assists our multinational Clients with international migration, including securing employment and residence visas in every country. With Covid-19 accelerating the trend towards remote work, the Croatian digital nomad visa was introduced in January 2021 to attract foreign investment into the country and boost key markets such as tourism and real estate. The visa allows non-EU citizens to stay in Croatia for up to a year while being legally exempt from local income tax.
What are the advantages of the Croatia digital nomad visa?
- Holders of a Croatia digital nomad visa are legally exempt from Croatia income tax, provided they work for a company registered, or are self-employed outside Croatia.
- The Croatia digital nomad visa is valid for one year, renewable for one more year.
- The visa is straightforward to secure and is an opportunity for non-EU citizens to live and work in an EU country without the harsh administrative burdens of applying for EU work and residence visas.
- It is easy to open a local bank account and set up utilities in the visa holder’s name.
- For the duration of the Croatia digital nomad visa, the applicant is a legal EU resident, therefore offered travel privileges across the economic bloc.
- Healy Consultants Group PLC can complete Croatia digital nomad formalities and paperwork without our Client needing to visit Croatia.
- Croatia offers a good, affordable quality of life with a Mediterranean climate and excellent internet speeds which support remote working.
What are the disadvantages of the Croatia digital nomad visa?
- To renew the Croatia digital nomad visa after 12 months, the applicant must leave Croatia for 90 days before re-entering.
- Individuals must be in employment to secure the visa. Retirees or students are not eligible.
- The Croatia digital nomad visa is not a pathway to long-term EU residency or citizenship.
What are the criteria to obtain a Croatia digital nomad visa?
- Proof of a minimum monthly income of €2,230 (US$2,600) and an employment contract or Client contracts outside Croatia.
- Self-employed individuals/freelancers must submit company registration documents and prove that projects are conducted through that entity.
- Proof of at least €26,790 in a bank account in the applicant’s name.
- The applicant must have travel or private health insurance which covers Croatia.
- Proof of accommodation booking in Croatia.
- No criminal record.
Healy Consultants Group PLC’s Croatia digital nomad visa services
- Our team submits the documents outlined in the criteria section above to a police station in Croatia for verification, along with the Croatia digital nomad visa application form.
- If required, Healy Consultants Group PLC can assist our Client to open a personal bank account in Croatia.
Healy Consultants Group PLC can complete Croatia digital nomad formalities and paperwork without our Client needing to visit Croatia.