10 steps to incorporating a company in Guernsey
Incorporating a company in Guernsey is simple and can be completed in approximately two weeks, thanks to the efficiency of our staff and the simplicity of the procedures to be completed with the Guernsey Registrar of Companies. The following is an overview of the typical engagement procedure:
- Engagement: Before proceeding with Guernsey business incorporation, Healy Consultants requests our Client to i) sign our engagement letter, ii) settle the fees applicable for the engagement and iii) provide us with the documents required for our due diligence checks. A list of the documents we request can be found on our due diligence webpage;
- Planning: Our Incorporation Team provides our Client with a detailed engagement plan, outlining a roadmap towards completion of Guernsey company setup. This document sent to our Client at the beginning of the engagement contributes to minimize unwanted surprises and sets our Clients’ expectations with regards to estimated deadline for completion of the project;
- Structuring and name reservation: Our Client and our Firm agree upon the legal, tax and accounting implications of Guernsey company registration. We also agree upon a company name, after checks with the local Registrar.
- Our Firm will thereafter submit an application for registration with the HM Procureur along with the Memorandum and Articles of Association. The HM Procureur reviews the application with the Director General of the Financial Services Commission;
- When approved, the company will then be registered by the Greffe and a Certificate of Incorporation would be issued thereafter. Thereafter, our Team immediately mails the Certificate of Incorporation to our Client.
- Following Guernsey company setup, Healy Consultants Company Secretary Team prepares all post incorporation documents, including minutes of the first meeting, copies of By Laws, issuance of initial Share Certificates;
- If needed, our Firm provides our Client with a local business address in Guernsey for invoicing purposes, together with telephone, fax and email support;
- Our Banking Team completes corporate bank account opening for our Client. The account includes world-class multi-currency Internet banking facilities. Healy Consultants works with internationally recognized banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered and Citibank to deliver corporate bank account services;
- After Guernsey company registration, we provide our Client with a complete company kit including i) original Certificate of Incorporation, ii) a bound copy of the Guernsey government approved Articles of Association, iii) original share certificates and iv) an original Guernsey government receipt as evidence of payment of annual Guernsey company registration and license fees;
- Ensuring the Guernsey company registration, Healy Consultants e-mails an Engagement Feedback Survey to our Client to assess the quality of our Guernsey company incorporation services.