10 steps to incorporating in Italy
- Prior to Italy company incorporation, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs our Client Engagement letter and iii) provides us the due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed project plan. This plan will map out, week by week, each step to engagement completion, optimising transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Next, our Client and Healy Consultants reach an agreement regarding the optimal corporate structure, including shareholders and directors.
- As requested by the legislation, Healy Consultants incorporation team performs a company name check with the Italian Business Register;
- After corporate structure is agreed, Healy Consultants prepares the company incorporation forms for Client signature and courier return;
- Before the company incorporation procedure is complete, Healy Consultants’ banking team assists our Clients open a corporate account in Italy. Our Client will deposit at least 25% of the company’s share capital into the bank account (100% required if the Client is a single shareholder). The bank will provide Healy Consultants with a certificate of deposit;
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants will i) present the company’s public deed of incorporation before a Notary Public ii) obtain VAT and tax identification numbers iii) register the company with the Social Security iv) buy and get the company and accounting books stamped by the clerk of the commercial court v) submits a notification of start of operations at the local municipality vi) registers the company for internet domain names ending in .it with the Italian National Research Council and vii) subscribes to a civil liability and accident insurance;
- Every Italian company needs to be subscribed to an employee retirement plan. Healy Consultants will be pleased to assist our Client with the same;
- If required, Healy Consultants assists our Client with activating the internet banking facility;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a company kit folder to our Client’s preferred international address, containing corporate documents including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to complete the Italian company incorporation procedure?Incorporation in Italy takes on average 5 weeks to complete.
Do I need a resident director to incorporate a company in Italy?No. Our Clients do not need a resident director for incorporating a company in Italy. Shareholders and directors can be resident anywhere.
After I complete the incorporation process in Italy, what is the corporate tax I have to pay?The corporate tax rate in Italy is 31.4%. Corporate tax returns must be filed within 9 months of the end of the accounting year. Healy Consultants will assist our Clients complete all necessary monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting.