Interesting facts about Poland?
- Poland has the highest unemployment level in the European Union and has the 3rd lowest GDP per capita at PPP, after Bulgaria and Romania;
- Poland is the only member country of the European Union to have avoided a decline in GDP, meaning that in 2009 Poland has created the most GDP growth in the EU;
- Almost 90% of the population are Roman Catholics;
- In Poland the name day is considered more important than the birthday;
- In Poland, bananas are peeled from the blossom end, not from the stem end;
- The biggest section of any grocery store is the candy section;
- There is a Pope channel on TV. Anytime one needs to see the pope, one can tune him in;
- The name ‘Burek’, literally meaning a brownish-grey color, is very popular as far as dog names in Poland are concerned.