Obtaining Lithuanian residency through investment in 2023
Since 2003, Healy Consultants Group has been efficiently and effectively assisting our Clients with i) international business setup ii) permanent relocation and residency and iii) immigration strategies for family members in various countries around the world, including in the European Union. Obtaining Lithuanian residency through investment is a cost-effective route into the EU for work, residency and citizenship for non-EU nationals.
Why obtain Lithuanian residency through investment?
Lithuania’s Start Up Visa Program offers skilled non-EU investors (and their families) a temporary fast-track one-year residence permit in Lithuania. This residence permit can be extended by a year following submission to the Lithuania MIGRIS of i) a start-up progress evaluation form and ii) achievements in the past year.
Program benefits include:
- Fast-track entry into one of Europe’s most business-friendly environments;
- A streamlined application process aimed at supporting start-ups via investment funds, grants and acceleration programs;
- Simple and straightforward Lithuania company incorporation steps;
- Access to one of the world’s financial technology (FinTech) hubs.
Minimum requirements to obtain Lithuanian residency through investment
- No minimum capital requirement for the Lithuanian company;
- Entrepreneurs investing in i) bio-technology ii) electronics iii) Information Technology iv) laser technology v) mechatronics and vi) nanotechnology will be given priority for the Start-Up Visa Program.
Steps to obtain Lithuania residency through the Start Up Visa Program
- Document collection and submission including i) valid passport ii) valid visa to enter Lithuania iii) health insurance policy; and iv) police clearance certificate;
- Secure a letter from Enterprise Lithuania regarding confirmation of Start-up Visa status;
- Filing an immigration application on Lithuania MIGRIS portal, and securing an appointment at the nearest Lithuanian embassy;
- The above step must also be completed if our Client requires a Schengen visa;
- Once our Client secures Lithuania (and Schengen) visa, we assist them to search for a premises in Lithuania;
- Once our Client arrives in Lithuania, they are required to report to MIGRIS along with original i) accommodation documents (e g tenancy agreement) ii) health insurance policy documents and iii) biometric data;
- Immediately thereafter, our Client receives a Type-D visa while waiting for their Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) card to be processed;
- Within four weeks, and all going well, our Client receives the TRP card;
- Our Client must complete Lithuania company incorporation within 30 days.
ConclusionHealy Consultants Group can assist in accurately and timely completing all legal obligations to facilitate our Client’s relocation to Lithuania, including i) determining the suitable business venture ii) assistance with completing Lithuania business setup iii) liaising with local Lithuanian lawyers and notaries and iv) project managing the residence permit application.