Australia resident director
Healy Consultants has helped many Clients register companies in Australia for a wide variety of purposes. While the nature of our Clients’ businesses vary, our service standards do not. The majority of our Clients request Healy Consultants to provide a resident director to fulfill Australia minimum officeholder requirements.
Why do I need a resident director?
- The Australia Corporations Act 2001 requires all registered or incorporated companies in Australia to appoint at least one individual director who is ordinarily resident in Australia;
- For public companies however, the minimum number of directors is increased to three, two of whom are required to be Australia residents;
- It can be challenging to find a professional local nominee director for a trading company given the obligations involved therefore we advise our Clients to exercise precaution before appointing a nominee.
How can Healy Consultants assist you to comply with this obligation?
- In the event our Client is unable to identity an Australia resident director, Healy Consultants will be happy to provide nominee resident director services to meet this requirement;
- Healy Consultants will provide a professional nominee to act as resident director for an Australia company of any Client who requires this service. The nominee will be a director of the company in name only and will not have other business responsibilities;
- Healy Consultants officers will neither be a bank signatory to the corporate bank account, nor be appointed as the Public Officer (PO) nor play an active role in our Client’s business;
- Healy Consultants officers will merely be the name director or shareholder of the company in order to fulfill local statutory requirements. Our Client is solely responsible for daily business activities and solely responsible for corporate bank account activity.
Additional advantages of using our nominee services
- Many of our Clients retain our resident director services to ensure a successful outcome when applying for employment visa and corporate bank opening;
- Multi-national Clients’ appointing Healy Consultants PLC as nominee passive professional nominee resident directors also appoint our Firm as Public Officer and local accountant. Healy Consultants Group will be pleased to assume the role of all three. Email us to get a quotation for these services;
- Appointing Healy Consultants as resident director minimizes inconvenience for our Clients when liaising with the Australian Taxation office and other government institutions. However note that our passive nominee resident director services do not include appointment as PO. Healy Consultants PLC will only act as PO if we are appointed local accountant and person responsible for all Government tax reporting;
- Appointing Healy Consultants as resident director can also help our Client maintain their personal privacy. This is advantageous to those Clients who value anonymity and would therefore not want their names to appear on the companies register.
- Healy Consultants’ annual resident director fee amounts to AU$5,910;