11 steps to incorporating in Liechtenstein in 2022
- Prior to Liechtenstein company setup, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants’ engagement fees ii) signs our Client Engagement letter and iii) provides us all the due diligence documents (passport copies, proof of address, and details of the company’s intended activities);
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed Liechtenstein company setup engagement project plan. This plan will map out by week each step to engagement completion, optimising transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Next, our Client and Healy Consultants reach an agreement regarding the optimum corporate structure including shareholders and directors. Healy Consultants incorporation team performs a company name check with the Public Registry (Offentlichkeitsregister) and if available, registers the company name;
- Healy Consultants proceed to notarize the Company’s Articles of Association with a Public Notary in Liechtenstein;
- Healy Consultants’ banking team assists our Clients open a corporate account in Liechtenstein. Our Client will deposit the company’s share capital of CHF30,000 into the bank account and provide Healy Consultants the bank certificate of deposit;
- In accordance with the Liechtenstein law on commercial companies, each Liechtenstein company must appoint a managing director fluent in German and resident in Liechtenstein;
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants submits to the Public Registry all the required documents, including: i) the deed of the company ii) a declaration for the minimum paid up capital and Certificate of Deposit iii) the notarized articles of association iv) a declaration containing the directors and shareholders’ details and signatures and v) a declaration appointing the company’s auditors;
- Company incorporation will be complete upon the entity’s entry into the Commercial Registry, which will publish an extract showing the new company’s key details. These details include the incorporation date, registration number, registered address, share capital details, and the names of the company’s directors;
- For companies intending to engage in commercial activities, Healy Consultants will submit an application for permission to do business with the Office of Economic Affairs in Liechtenstein. While permission to do business is relatively attainable for EU and EFTA nationals, third-country nationals must have lived for 12 years in the Principality if they wish to self-manage the company;
- Healy Consultants assists our Clients to obtain tax registration from the Liechtenstein tax authority and if applicable register for a VAT number;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a company kit folder to our Client’s preferred international address, containing including the original corporate documents and unopened bank correspondence. We also send a Client feedback survey to measure satisfaction with our company incorporation services.
Frequently asked questions
Is a company secretary required for Liechtenstein business incorporation?No. A company secretary will not be required when our Clients incorporate a Liechtenstein company.
What are the minimum capital requirements when incorporating a company in Liechtenstein?When incorporating in Liechtenstein, CHF30,000 will be required for starting an LLC (GmbH), while CHF50,000 will be required for a PLC (AG).
Are there any business restrictions for foreigners when incorporating in Liechtenstein?Yes. Although most sectors are not closed to foreigners, they must obtain permission to do business prior to commencing any for-profit activities through their Liechtenstein company. Foreigners from outside of the EU and EFTA states must either i) have lived for 12 continuous years in Liechtenstein or ii) appoint a managing director with the necessary qualifications, German skills and no criminal record.
How else can I better understand Liechtenstein?Watch this video to learn more about Liechtenstein at a glance