Thailand employment visas
All foreign citizens who wish to work or conduct business in Thailand must obtain a work visa. Healy Consultants assists our Clients by preparing a visa application for the relevant visa and submitting it to the local Thai Consulate. Our fee for this service is US$3,950. To date, we enjoy 100% visa approval record.
- There are several types of entrepreneur visas including i) category “B” for business purposes ii) category “B-A” for business or investment iii) category “IB” for business and investment on projects promoted by the Board of Investments;
- Documents required from foreigners who wish to work in Thailand under a business visa include i) a valid passport ii) evidence of adequate finance (US$620 per person) iii) letter of approval from the Ministry of Labor iv) the company’s M&AA and v) corporate documents of the hiring company;
- Documents required from foreigners who wish to conduct business in Thailand under a business visa include i) a valid passport ii) evidence of adequate finance (US$620 per person) iii) letter from applicant’s company indicating the applicant’s position, length of employment, salary and purpose of visit iv) corporate documents of associated companies in Thailand.
- Employers willing to hire a foreigner will be required to apply for a work permit at the Labor Department;
- Documents to be submitted by the employee include i) a valid passport ii) non-immigration visa iii) education certificates iv) CV;
- Documents to be submitted by the employer include i) commercial registration certificate ii) shareholders list iii) VAT filings iv) withholding tax forms v) social security payment filing.
- Those holding a tourist visa can stay in Thailand for up to 90 days only for tourism purposes;
- A single entry tourist visa is valid for up to 3 months and a multiple entry tourist visa is valid for up to 6 months;
- Documents required for application are i) a valid passport ii) return tickets and iii) evidence of adequate finance (US$620 per person US$1,300 per family);
- Visitors from 48 countries can enter Thailand without a tourist visa.
- In the bid to attract foreign investments in the country, the Thai government reintroduced the Non-Immigrant IM visa to foreign nationals looking to invest and stay in Thailand. To qualify for this type of visa, a foreigner must have invested, over a period of time, a minimum of 10 million baht (Approx. US$300,000) in Thailand;
- An application must be submitted to the Thai Office of Immigration Bureau containing i) a letter from the Thai Board of Investment (BOI) ii) proof of investment of 10 million baht in the form of a sale or purchase agreement or bank statements iii) a valid passport and iv) corporate documents and a letter from the investors’ local or foreign company;
- A Thai Investment visa is valid for 1 year and is renewable yearly for as long as the investor requires provided the required investment is in place.
Frequently asked questions
I am interested in Thailand company formation. What visa should I obtain to visit Thailand?Our Clients can apply for a Non-Immigrant visa “B” of which there are several types. Please refer to the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand for more information.