How to set up a school in Singapore
- Our Client i) settles Healy Consultant’s fees ii) signs and returns our engagement letter and iii) provides us all the required due diligence documents;
- Healy Consultants i) understands Client’s requirements ii) assists them in building a suitable corporate structure iii) advises on the banking and cash flow considerations;
- Healy Consultants drafts a detailed business engagement project plan, mapping out each step to engagement completion, optimizing transparency, and fulfilling Client’s expectations;
- Thereafter, we legally incorporate the company with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and email the certificate of incorporation to the Client;
- Healy Consultants liaises with the bank officers and prepares a business plan, due diligence documents and bank forms for corporate bank account opening of Client’s Singapore company;
- Healy Consultants will assist your firm in finding suitable premises. Schools can only use premises that are approved for educational activities by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). Therefore we must ensure that the Singapore premises proposed by our Client can be used for this purpose;
- Following the above, Healy Consultants will assist our Client to register for licensing with the Ministry of Education (MOE) or Council for Private Education (CPE), depending on the type of education establishment;
- Following the above, your firm can operate as a school. If required, Healy Consultants will be pleased to assist our Clients with advertising, enrolling students, appointing staff etc;
- There are two types of certifications in Singapore. If required, Healy Consultants will be pleased to assist with the same. i) EduTrust certification must be obtained before international students can get enrolled ii) Singapore Quality Class (SQC) certification which helps in creating positive outlook for educational institute;
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a full company kit to our Client, including original corporate documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey.
Types of education institutions in Singapore
- Childcare Centres;
- Academic Schools;
- Non-Academic Schools.
Average fees for the school set up along with the company set up ranges between US$25,000 to US$30,000 depending on the complexity of the education institute set up and the licensing requirements. For more information, kindly contact Healy Consultants experts.
Frequently asked questions
I want to start a private education institution (PEI) in Singapore. Which authorities will I have to report to?
What is the cost of setting up a school in Singapore?Healy Consultants fees for registration of a private school range from US$20,000 to US$45,000.
Where can I find further information regarding registration of a private school in Singapore?Read relevant information on registration of a private school in Singapore.