How to set up a school in Singapore
Since the 2000s, Singapore has become an attractive location for foreign universities and business schools. Amongst other top tier education institutions, Rutgers University, INSEAD and ESSEC have all opened local campuses in Singapore. Many others, including Wharton Business School and the MIT, have also established global partnerships with Singaporean universities.
Healy Consultants Group PLC will be pleased to assist you to register a local branch of your school or university in Singapore. Please find below a brief descriptive of the services we are commonly requested to offer:
Most popular services for school registration
Healy Consultants will be pleased to assist our Clients to:
- Find suitable premises for their school – Schools can only use premises which have been approved for educational activities by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). Consequently, we will ensure that the Singapore premises solutions proposed to our Client will meet this requirement;
- Register the business entity – we will register on behalf of our Client their preferred corporate structure with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Please visit our Singapore business entities page for further information on the different types of structure available;
- License the business – Healy Consultants will assist our Client to secure a license with the Ministry of Education (MoE) or the Council of Private Education, with are the two main regulatory authorities responsible for oversight of education institutions;
- Open corporate bank accounts – Healy Consultants will liaise on behalf of our Clients with multiple banks in Singapore, prepare a quality business plan and assist our Client to open a corporate bank account without travelling to Singapore;
- Certify the business (if required) – If required, Healy Consultants will assist our Client to secure i) EduTrust certification, which must be obtained before enrolling foreign students and ii) Singapore Quality Class (SQC), which helps in creating a positive image of the institution.
Average fees for registration and licensing of the entity ranges between US$25,000 and US$40,000, depending on the complexity of the engagement and the exact licensing requirements. For more information, kindly contact our Firm with more details on your project.
Frequently asked questions
I want to start a private education institution (PEI) in Singapore. Which authorities will I have to report to?
What is the cost of setting up a school in Singapore?Healy Consultants fees for registration of a private school range from US$20,000 to US$45,000.
Where can I find further information regarding registration of a private school in Singapore?Read relevant information on registration of a private school in Singapore.