How to set up a school in Singapore
For two decades, Singapore has beena hub for foreign universities and business schools. Top-tier education institutions, Rutgers University, INSEAD and ESSEC have all opened local campuses in Singapore. Many others, including Wharton Business School and the MIT, have also established global partnerships with Singapore universities.
Healy Consultants Group PLC can assist you to register a local branch of your school or university in Singapore.
Most popular services for school registration
Healy Consultants can assist with:
- Finding suitable school premises approved by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA). The Singapore premises solutions we propose will meet this requirement;
- Register our Client’s preferred business entity with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA). Please visit our Singapore business entities page for further information;
- Healy Consultants will assist our Client secure a licence with the Ministry of Education (MoE) and/or the Council of Private Education, the two main regulatory authorities responsible for oversight of education institutions;
- Healy Consultants will liaise, on behalf of our Client, with multiple banks in Singapore, prepare a quality business plan and assist our Client to open a corporate bank account without travelling to Singapore;
- If required, we will assist our Client to secure i) EduTrust certification, which must be obtained before enrolling foreign students and ii) Singapore Quality Class (SQC), which helps in creating a positive image of the institution.
Average fees for registration and licencing of the entity ranges between US$25,000 and US$40,000, depending on the complexity of the engagement and the exact licencing requirements. For more information, kindly contact our firm with more details on your project.
Frequently asked questions
I want to start a private education institution (PEI) in Singapore. Which authorities will I have to report to?
What is the cost of setting up a school in Singapore?Healy Consultants fees for registration of a private school range from US$20,000 to US$45,000.
Where can I find further information regarding registration of a private school in Singapore?Read relevant information on registration of a private school in Singapore.