12 steps to incorporating in France
- Prior to France company incorporation, our Client i) settles Healy Consultants Group PLC’s engagement fees ii) signs our Client Engagement letter and iii) provides us all the KYC documents (passport copies, proof of address, excerpt of judicial statement, details of the company’s intended activities);
- Healy Consultants Group PLC’s incorporation team drafts a detailed France business incorporation project plan. This plan will map out, week by week, France incorporation timelines, optimizing transparency and setting Client expectations;
- Next, our Client and Healy Consultants Group PLC reach an agreement regarding the optimal corporate structure, including shareholders and directors. Healy Consultants Group PLC’s incorporation team performs a company name check with the French Patent and Trademark Office (INPI) and the Commercial Court Registry. If available, Healy Consultants Group PLC registers the company name and applies for a Certificate of Uniqueness;
- After corporate structure is agreed, Healy Consultants Group PLC prepares the company incorporation forms and Company Constitution for Client signature and courier return;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC’s banking team assists our Clients to open a capital account in France. Our Client will deposit the company’s share capital into the bank account, and provide Healy Consultants Group PLC the bank certificate of deposit;
- Thereafter, Healy Consultants Group PLC’s incorporation team i) legally incorporates the company ii) submits a complete company incorporation application to the Center for Administrative Procedures and iii) publishes a legal notice of incorporation in the legal gazette (JAL annonces légales). Our Client will not be required to travel for the company incorporation;
- When our Client’s company is incorporated, Healy Consultants Group PLC will i) submit the statement on commencement of business activity and ii) register the company articles with tax authorities to obtain a tax identification code;
- Healy Consultants Group PLC i) buy the company books and ii) has company books stamped and initialed by the clerk of the commercial court and iii) submit a notification of start of operations at the local municipality;
- Healy Consultants assists our Clients’ activate the internet banking facility;
- As required by French business law, Healy Consultants i) registers upon incorporation the internet domain names ending in .fr with the French Internet Names and Cooperation Association and ii) subscribe to a civil liability insurance;
- Healy Consultants assesses the Client’s need to subscribe to an employee retirement plan (mandatory by law) and helps the Client to register hired employees with local labor authorities (URSSAF);
- Following engagement completion, Healy Consultants couriers a company kit folder to our Client’s preferred international address, containing the following corporate documents including original France company incorporation documents, unopened bank correspondence and a Client feedback survey regarding the quality of our France company incorporation services.
Frequently asked questions
Is it easy to incorporate a France company?Yes. Our Clients are often pleased to find that incorporating a company in France is a straightforward process.
How much time does France business incorporation process take?Company incorporation in France takes less than 2 weeks on average, once all the documentation requested by the French authorities has been provided.
Why should I use a company incorporation specialist to setup a French company?French incorporation services providers will not only enable you to save time, but also money. The French tax system is very complicated and the right choice of business entity will allow you to reduce your tax payments. The use of Healy Consultants’ company incorporation services will improve your understanding of the French Tax code, so as to minimize the tax burden.
Do I need to travel to France to start a French company?No, you will not be required to travel to France to incorporate a company in the country. Healy Consultants can assist you to complete incorporation procedures, provided our Firm receives a Power of Attorney (PoA) for that purpose.
Do I need to hire a director ordinarily resident in France for my French subsidiary?No, it is not mandatory to appoint a French national or French resident as the director of the company. Still, our Firm recommends our Clients to appoint somebody who at least travels frequently to France to supervise the operations of the company and to liaise with the authorities.