Advantages and disadvantages of BVI company registration
- BVI company registration is cost-effective and straight forward. There are no minimum capital requirements and the process can be completed in one week;
- BVI has one of the most flexible offshore corporate structures available to international business people;
- Only one director and one shareholder is required for registering a BVI company. Corporate shareholders are permitted, and shareholders and directors can be of any nationality;
- BVI was recently added to the OECD white list after complying with various OECD guidelines, and signing 16 tax information exchange agreements (TIEAs). The BVIs therefore benefit from a strong global reputation;
- A company in the BVIs is an excellent way for entrepreneurs to legitimately book tax-exempt international profits;
- There are minimal maintenance requirements following registration of a BVI company. These entities are not required to submit annual financial statements or tax returns to BVI authorities;
- Healy Consultants can open corporate bank accounts around the world to support BVI business registration. Healy Consultants works with world class banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered, and Citibank.
- A BVI Business Company is not permitted to own property or trade in the BVI;
- Certain activities to be undertaken by a BVI company require a license (e.g. banking, insurance, trust management, or investment advice services). For more information on BVI licensed business activity regulations, visit the British Virgin Islands Financial Services Commission.